Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

2 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

They knew here in the states that they had Insidious which hurt them big time.

Yeh, I even remember the article Jason Blum did for Box office mojo where he mentioned people buying tickets for Insidious but sneaking into Scream 4, lol.

• Like 1

I like the Scream franchise and the first two are easily the best to me.  Obviously 3 is bad and 4 is ok, but still better than part 3 which is the important part.

And yeah I don't need gore in my films.  I have zero problem with it and enjoy it, but it's not always a selling point to me.  Some films it is and I know that and usually laugh with it, but I prefer more of the suggestive/thriller stuff myself.  But I just like horror overall so it all works for me :) 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I always had a feeling that Get Out could be big, but now, I'm even more sure about that. Wellness also has a intriguing premise that could end being a break out. I'm a bit surprised that Annabelle 2 didn't make the list, it is looking more and more as an Ouija 2 situation.

The only reason Get Out didn't make my list was because of the very off-putting, awkward trailer. I couldn't take it seriously. It feels more like an offbeat comedy than a horror film.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

The only reason Get Out didn't make my list was because of the very off-putting, awkward trailer. I couldn't take it seriously. It feels more like an offbeat comedy than a horror film.

True, the trailer has that weird vibe, and not in a good way, but the premise alone is enough to bring attention. I just hope that the director will find the right tone to tell the story, and, specially, that it will actually have something to say, instead of being just another silly and bad made Horror movie. 

On 2017-01-16 at 4:18 PM, Krissykins said:

Scream 4's box office run is still the one that hurts the most for me.

I still don't understand it. The only thing I can blame is Weinstein Co's crappy marketing since it done well internationally. (It opened #1 here in the UK).

I was such a big Scream fan when I was in high school (I had the Woodsboro theme as my alarm clock for some insane reason) and I was definitely  pleased with the fourth one! I really enjoyed it. Wasn't tracking box office back then but I'm sorry to hear it didn't do well in the US. I remember it being sold out when I went to see it here in Sweden.

Edited by amelin
  • Like 1