Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

On 03/01/2017 at 3:00 PM, Boxofficerules said:

So the highest grossing horror movies of 2016 where R rated, interesting.

Yeah, just like the whole Top 5 of 2015 were PG 13 movies only.

This PG 13 x Rated R discussion is so fucking annoying, there's space for both type of movies.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

45 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Yeah, just like the whole Top 5 of 2015 were PG 13 movies only.

This PG 13 x Rated R discussion is so fucking annoying, there's space for both type of movies.

Yeah but none of those made as much as the top movies of 2015. I'm sorry but I'm sick and tired of asking why something has been censored for a PG13 I'm told it's because PG13 makes more then R. The box office does not reflect this.

In the last 10 years 22 of the top 3 horror movies have been rated R, 11 have been PG13. 7 of the numbers 1s have been R, 4 have been PG 13. The years R rated horror was Number 1, their grosses where $80, $137, $107, $84, $84, $102 and $104. When PG13 was number 1 the figures where $71, $65, $80 and $54. 

Im so fucking sick and tired of this censorship!

I can't watch the Saw movies. I have too weak a stomach for those really bloody, torture movies. It's not even just about the actual gore. It's that that is actually pure horror to me, thinking about going through those things. I end up feeling sick thinking about it, rather than due to the gore itself.

I guess that's what horror is all about though; being horrified at what you're seeing.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Yeah but none of those made as much as the top movies of 2015. I'm sorry but I'm sick and tired of asking why something has been censored for a PG13 I'm told it's because PG13 makes more then R. The box office does not reflect this.

In the last 10 years 22 of the top 3 horror movies have been rated R, 11 have been PG13. 7 of the numbers 1s have been R, 4 have been PG 13. The years R rated horror was Number 1, their grosses where $80, $137, $107, $84, $84, $102 and $104. When PG13 was number 1 the figures where $71, $65, $80 and $54. 

Im so fucking sick and tired of this censorship!

Seriously, I don't get this, you talk like it was a monopoly where studios were releasing only PG 13 movies, when, actually, they released more Rated R movies last year than PG 13 ones. 

There's not only adults watching horror movies, there's a whole fanbase of teenagers that also love these movies, why the hell would studios ignore this public? Especially when they eat any shit that they make? Do you think that a movie like The Boy would have made any money if it was released as a Rated R movie?

Studios keep releasing PG 13 horror movies because they know teenagers will eat them no matter what, the same can't be said about adults and their Rated R movies.

23 hours ago, JB33 said:

I can't watch the Saw movies. I have too weak a stomach for those really bloody, torture movies. It's not even just about the actual gore. It's that that is actually pure horror to me, thinking about going through those things. I end up feeling sick thinking about it, rather than due to the gore itself.

I guess that's what horror is all about though; being horrified at what you're seeing.

I never understood the love for this franchise, tbh. They can't even be considered movies, they're just a bunch of torture videos added to a "plot" that makes no sense, that is only interested in impress teenagers. This franchise has nothing of special, there's a bunch of horror movies more violent and brutal than this franchise, the remake of Evil Dead alone is more brutal than any Saw, the Final Destination franchise also wins in the "creative deaths" aspect. This franchise ruined the genre for so long, I just hope this movie will bomb hard, and considering the recent historical of Lionsgate with horror movies, I would say it is locked to happen.

• Like 1

So, the first horror movie of year is going to be released this weekend. Bye Bye Man is currently tracking similar to The Forest, which would be a solid start, anyone excited for this?

The next one is going to be Split, that is easily making the double of The Boy, which would put 2017 way ahead of 2016.

9 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

So, the first horror movie of year is going to be released this weekend. Bye Bye Man is currently tracking similar to The Forest, which would be a solid start, anyone excited for this?

The next one is going to be Split, that is easily making the double of The Boy, which would put 2017 way ahead of 2016.

I'll probably see Split but I have zero interest in Bye Bye Man

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Not a surprise, you hates PG 13 Horror movies even more than Box Office Rules does.

not close to being true but if it gets your through the day :P 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It's just logic, you hates watching horror movies with teenagers, so, it's obvious that you hates PG 13 movies. :P 

funny, still not true or where any of that comes from, but it did make me laugh so that's good :P 

• Like 1