Mockingjay Raphael

Horror 2017

4 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Go to the cinema of your friend and watch for free, duh.

nah, it's further away now and I have better things to do with my time like staring at the walls than see this movie :P 

43 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

TBBM is overperforming and looking for a total between $30m-$35m, great start for the genre! 

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Right in line with January usual.

Hopefully it goes over $30m and doesn't fall short. 

What, you guys want a sequel? :huh:

Hi everyone, new here. 

I was wondering about the movie Patient Zero. It's supposedly coming out in a month, but there aren't any trailers or even official photos. Does this mean it may be delayed? Or could it be a straight to streaming kind of thing? 

• Like 1

Funny how modern horror is called horror and yet 95% of these movies don't feature any horror, graphic scenes.

The genre has become very sanitized and clean visually, it s all about suggestion and lame jump scares.

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Funny how modern horror is called horror and yet 95% of these movies don't feature any horror, graphic scenes.

The genre has become very sanitized and clean visually, it s all about suggestion and lame jump scares.

Your definition of "horror" sounds so poor and limited. I think you're confusing horror and gore.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, David98 said:

Hi everyone, new here. 

I was wondering about the movie Patient Zero. It's supposedly coming out in a month, but there aren't any trailers or even official photos. Does this mean it may be delayed? Or could it be a straight to streaming kind of thing? 

Welcome! Yeah, this probably is going to be delayed, I'm pretty sure they're not going to release a movie without a trailer... I guess. :ph34r: 

8 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Well, it depends. While I do agree that the genre did a reinvention this decade, changing the explicit for the suggestive, and that the days of gore dominating horror movies are way behind, there's still numerous Horror movies released every year full of graphic violence, last year we had movies like: Don't Breathe, The Purge 3, Green Room, We Are Still Here, movies full of violence, and in the last two examples, a bunch of gore as well, but, the small difference between these movies and a movie like Saw, for example, is that they use the violence as part of the plot, and not as the only thing in the movie.

And tbh, a horror movies doesn't need violence to be scary, the suggestive is always scarier than the explicit, IMO. 

I did a Scream marathon last night, while the first one is indeed a classic, this is a case where the sequel managed to improve in every single aspect, the third one still a piece of shit, and the fourth one still my fave, it still makes me sad to see how underrated it was.

One thing that I truly admire in this franchise, apart of the whole meta thing, is how likable the main trio is, and how the plot actually cares for them, their relationship is build in every single movie in an organic way, that you actually buy that these persons are friends for a long time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I did a Scream marathon last night, while the first one is indeed a classic, this is a case where the sequel managed to improve in every single aspect, the third one still a piece of shit, and the fourth one still my fave, it still makes me sad to see how underrated it was.

One thing that I truly admire in this franchise, apart of the whole meta thing, is how likable the main trio is, and how the plot actually cares for them, their relationship is build in every single movie in an organic way, that you actually buy that these persons are friends for a long time. 

Scream 4's box office run is still the one that hurts the most for me.

I still don't understand it. The only thing I can blame is Weinstein Co's crappy marketing since it done well internationally. (It opened #1 here in the UK).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Scream 4's box office run is still the one that hurts the most for me.

I still don't understand it. The only thing I can blame is Weinstein Co's crappy marketing since it done well internationally. (It opened #1 here in the UK).

They knew here in the states that they had Insidious which hurt them big time.