WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 40): Hidden Figures 22.8M | Rogue One 22.1M | Sing 20.7M | Underworld 13.7M | La La Land 10.1M | Passengers 8.8M | A Monster Calls 2.1M

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Yes considering the south doesn't get much and the city doesn't have a lot of winter equipment. 8 inches here > 2 feet Minneapolis 

Why did I think you live in Europe? Norman maybe? 

US South: explains all

Germany: the other way around, north = ocean is mostly milder (but had this week a bad spring flood), south = mountains, hilly region, lots of snow (there are some mild winters nowadays without real snow). But really bad it can also be in the eastern regions....

Good luck!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

6-8 inches of snow? :sleep:

Well, when you live in a place that doesn't get snow, 6-8in is a big deal lol

I live in South Louisiana and we might be getting snow tonight. Temps are reportedly dropping into the 20s. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

Well, when you live in a place that doesn't get snow, 6-8in is a big deal lol

I live in South Louisiana and we might be getting snow tonight. Temps are reportedly dropping into the 20s. 

Oh god forbid, make sure you bring the gators inside. 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, baumer said:

But this is normal for Canada.  Films with a strong and predominant black cast about black issues rarely do gangbusters here.  There are even some Madea movies that don't even get released in Toronto.

Fences was only in one small theatre in the area in the area I live. It's so annoying. Even Hidden Figures isn't in as many theatres as a white movie like that would be. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Just saw this number. Really good for Hidden Figures considering it had $2m+ in limited release beforehand. Should be good for $25m+ over the weekend. 

Have Underworld numbers been reported yet?

Let's say it this way:

it was reported, that there will be no report.

In a way that does not sound promising

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Just saw this number. Really good for Hidden Figures considering it had $2m+ in limited release beforehand. Should be good for $25m+ over the weekend. 

Have Underworld numbers been reported yet?

No, there's really not much to report for Underworld...there weren't so many previews for the movie.

6-8 inches of snow is a TON!! We wouldn't see that much snow in Portland in a generation. For Portland 2-3 inches will shut down the entire city for a day or two. Economically it's not worthwhile to have a bunch of snow plows in a city that averages maybe 1-2 days of snow per year. So when it snows here like during work a few weeks ago it stranded thousands of people downtown and on freeways everywhere. 

The people who brag their city is fine with 3 feet of snow are full of crap. Those cities have no snow on the roads at all! You guys have hundreds of snow plows that clear off roads very quickly. Cars can't drive in extensive snow and ice, they WILL spin out and slide all around unless everyone is constantly driving with chains or studs and in cities with little snow that would be idiotic. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

lol you northerners. You wouldn't last one summer in Oklahoma 

I'm from upstate N.Y. and lived in Houston for 3 years, I'll admit you're right. I kinda like my seasons and plus, that humidity! :ohmygod:

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1