WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 40): Hidden Figures 22.8M | Rogue One 22.1M | Sing 20.7M | Underworld 13.7M | La La Land 10.1M | Passengers 8.8M | A Monster Calls 2.1M

22 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Actually, Hollywood just doesn't offer many good roles to black women in general. It's telling that both Viola and Taraji had to turn to TV to finally strike a goldmine.

It's not just black women minorities in general are finding more work on tv. 

40 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I never understood why Hollywood is so high on Viola and not on the natural born movie star Taraji. HF may change that now.

Huh? Viola is a better actress imo. Taraji is good too. I wouldn't take anything away from Viola to give to Taraji.  They are both so different.  

• Like 2

“Rogue One” came in with the top estimate of about $25 million for the Friday-Sunday weekend while “Sing” was in the $24 million range and “Hidden Figures” early projections ranged from $20 million to $24 million — including as much as $9 million on Friday. The opening of “Underworld: Blood Wars” looks likely to finish fourth with about $17 million and Lionsgate’s expanded “La La Land” should follow in fifth with about $13 million at 1,515 sites.

But Focus Features’ expansion of family drama “A Monster Calls” was showing scant traction with a projected $1.8 million at 1,523 locations.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-rogue-one-hidden-figures-underworld-sing-1201954215/

Edited by Durden
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, JonathanLB said:

6-8 inches of snow is a TON!! We wouldn't see that much snow in Portland in a generation. For Portland 2-3 inches will shut down the entire city for a day or two. Economically it's not worthwhile to have a bunch of snow plows in a city that averages maybe 1-2 days of snow per year. So when it snows here like during work a few weeks ago it stranded thousands of people downtown and on freeways everywhere. 

The people who brag their city is fine with 3 feet of snow are full of crap. Those cities have no snow on the roads at all! You guys have hundreds of snow plows that clear off roads very quickly. Cars can't drive in extensive snow and ice, they WILL spin out and slide all around unless everyone is constantly driving with chains or studs and in cities with little snow that would be idiotic. 

I hear you. A few weeks ago I had to stay in a hotel in the city for two nights because I couldn't get out. It's a tough situation no matter how you look at it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Durden said:

“Rogue One” came in with the top estimate of about $25 million for the Friday-Sunday weekend while “Sing” was in the $24 million range and “Hidden Figures” early projections ranged from $20 million to $24 million — including as much as $9 million on Friday. The opening of “Underworld: Blood Wars” looks likely to finish fourth with about $17 million and Lionsgate’s expanded “La La Land” should follow in fifth with about $13 million at 1,515 sites.

But Focus Features’ expansion of family drama “A Monster Calls” was showing scant traction with a projected $1.8 million at 1,523 locations.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/box-office-rogue-one-hidden-figures-underworld-sing-1201954215/

Anything over $20m is solid, but I'm personally hoping for an opening day of $10m+. That would lock up $25m and put $30m in play for the weekend.

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I really hope Hidden Figures does around 25m or higher. I'm just glad it seems to be as pleasant as I thought it would be when I watched the trailer!

I hope that over 100m club succeeds.

Oh, it'd better, my friend. I can't have my first club be a failure! What sort of precedent am I setting?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Alright... Here is my front yard right now

Brace yourselves ...

Coming out of the house :kitschjob:

DSC_0171.jpg

OMG, I WANT THAT!!!!! I looooooove snow like that. I will move there. Or in Alaska. 

• Like 2