CJohn

74TH GOLDEN GLOBES AWARDS | Tonight on NBC | Discuss the Event Live Here!

11 minutes ago, fracfar said:

The Oscar voter demographic went from 94% white to 91% from 2014 to 2016, so... progress? /s 

To be fair though, it's hard to change the percentage in a short amount of time.  It's not like they're going to take away voter membership from white members, or stop admitting any new white members.

• Like 3

Just now, Arlborn said:

I wonder how many of those complaining actually watched The Crown? I'd be surprised if even half of them did.

One dudes argument is that less people watch The Crown. Can't please everyone! All the shows that were up for it were great imo, but I'm glad that The Crown won.

• Like 2

Btw....i realize Emma is everyones favorite darling this year but if Oscars were actually giving out the award for best performance this year by an actress it would definitely go to Lily Collins in Rules Dont Apply. Not a good movie but her performance was a towering achievement. I was mesmerized by her every step of the way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

True, but that statistic of it being more than 40 years since the Supporting Actor winner here not making it at the Oscars sure isn't to be discounted.

True! I'm expecting him to get a nom now anyway.

Edited by Fancyarcher

6 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

To be fair though, it's hard to change the percentage in a short amount of time.  It's not like they're going to take away voter membership from white members, or stop admitting any new white members.

I know I was being funny