baumer

Baumer's best 42 films of 2016 (and 12 worst) and Ruk's breakdown of 2016 films (Finished!)

Refn s shtick got old a  loooong time ago.

Take out his fascination for graphic violence and "shocking" scenes of the equation and he is the emperor with no clothes.

Refn s movies sound and look like the work of an angry teenager who thinks the Sex Pistols  is the coolest band in the world.

Time to grow up Nicholas.

Edited by The Futurist

I have no idea if any future Nicholas winding movies will be any good. What I can tell you is that neon demon is unlike any film I've seen and it also has one of the best Scripts and screenplays and production signs and cinematography snd scores that I've ever seen and heard.  I'm not saying his stuff is for everyone but the neon demon completely lured me in and it fascinated me. It had so many interesting observations about our societal obsessions and it also really cut to the Bone as to the lies that we tell each other about what we are really interested in when we all know what the truth is. The neon demon easily could have been the best film of the Year for me personally. Deadpool and hacksaw Ridge are above it but that takes nothing away from the brilliance of the neon demon.

The thing we agree on the Most B is that if we had the same opinion on films and things, life and BOT would become boring pretty quickly.

It s a bit of a Captain Obvious statement but hey, that s all I got with your love and my dislike of Neon Demon.

:)

• Like 1

Deadpool at midnight was one of the most fun movie experiences I've ever had, that is one of the reasons I loved the movie so much. I still love it at home, but it was a film that highlights why I love the movies so much, having a great time with hundreds of other strangers, enjoying something that passionate people have made for you. 

• Like 2