Impact

Best Picture predictions-2017!

Logan-I mean it looks like Mad Max!

Okay I'm really not predicting it, I do call it Mad Max with mutants, but of course that does not mean it will be nominated for best picture as Mad Max has been around a long time before it was ever considered a Oscar film.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, La La Panda said:

Will First Man even make 2017?  They just announced it, it sounds like it'll be 2018 to me.

Apparently they're aiming for a March shoot so if they begin filming then, there's really no reason why it can't make a December qualifying release.

10 hours ago, filmlover said:

Mudbound is getting praised at Sundance. Excited to see who will pick it up.

like Dee Rees but some people seem to be complaining about the film being a bit soapy so i'm cautious this is festival overhype in full effect. Jason Mitchell getting a lot of MVP notices though which is cool. should've been in the awards race for straight outta compton.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

like Dee Rees but some people seem to be complaining about the film being a bit soapy so i'm cautious this is festival overhype in full effect. Jason Mitchell getting a lot of MVP notices though which is cool. should've been in the awards race for straight outta compton.

in fact reading reviews they're pretty B+ ish. not exactly this year's manchester by the sea (even birth of a nation was getting better reviews initially.)

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

in fact reading reviews they're pretty B+ ish. not exactly this year's manchester by the sea (even birth of a nation was getting better reviews initially.)

I guess it depends who picks it up, and when they release it. At the very least, Jason Mitchell and Mary J. Blige sound like legit Supporting contenders (the prospect of the latter being an Oscar nominee is exciting).

Wind River is getting outstanding reviews, some of which say it's better than Hell or High Water and Sicario. There's a few detractors, but it looks like a shoe in for lead acting and screenwriting. Not sure where you heard the bad buzz from @CoolioD1

Edited by WrathOfHan

Ok. On phone but there's definitely a mix of great and "it's fine I guess" reactions. Thought it was bad because distributor dropped it a week ago. Guess Harvey just crazy. Think people are too quick to crown buzz that never materializes at Sundance.

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Ok. On phone but there's definitely a mix of great and "it's fine I guess" reactions. Thought it was bad because distributor dropped it a week ago. Guess Harvey just crazy. Think people are too quick to crown buzz that never materializes at Sundance.

So it's not releasing on January 22nd? (Come to think of it, that's today...)

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Or broke :jeb!: 

Call Me By Your Name is also getting stellar reactions out of Sundance (SPC has already picked up the distribution rights for the movie). I don't think BOT will survive if Garrett Hedlund and Armie Hammer get Oscar nominations in the same year. Taylor Kitsch, you might still have a chance at saving your career!