Wrath

BOT User Tracking 1/20-22 20th Century Women (wide), Founder, Gavin Stone, Split, xXx

Wow. 5 more new openers/newly wide. That's 11 in 2 weeks, all of which, except Split and maybe Founder feel like are being dumped. Its like mid-September, only colder and more depressing (if you live in the northern hemisphere, anyway).

20th Century Women (Wide)

Founder

Resurrection of Gavin Stone

Split

xXx

As usual, predictions will be due on Thursday afternoon (sorry for the short notice this week) and we will use our median prediction as our overall predict.

Okay, shaking off last weekend's bad guesses (when my best guesses were a generic all new movies under $20M, Monster Trucks would be #2 of the guessed movies, and Ben Affleck's movie was gonna bomb...that's not much good guessed there), here's my new ones...it's a crowded market on a big weekend of politics and football, so I'm thinking lower is again better...

XXX (it's getting 1 split 3d/2d screen at my local and 2 3d/Dolby only ones at my mall - no idea if this movie can pull in only $20-$22 tickets, but it's getting 3600 theaters) $19.9M

Split (it's getting 1 screen at my local and mall and has no 3d - that's gonna be limiting - it is getting 3000 theaters, so that helps) $19.8M 

Founder $3M

20th Century Women $1.6M

Gavin Stone $1M

15 hours ago, franfar said:

What's the difference between this thread and the Weekend Predict thread?

Two things. First, this is only for new openers, that thread is for all weekend predicts.

Second, afaik, there's no tracking going on there. In this thread, I'm tracking everyone's predicts as well as our collective predicts and comparing them against the predicts of other websites. Why? Because I feel like it. That does remind me that I need to repost the link to my spreadsheet.

Third, ok, there's three things, not two. Third, kinda nothing differentiates the two, because I also track all the predicts made in that thread as part of the data I collect. There are probably people who make predicts in that thread who don't know this even exists, yet are doing extremely well and have multiple "best predicts". Which is fine.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2017 at 7:32 PM, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, shaking off last weekend's bad guesses (when my best guesses were a generic all new movies under $20M, Monster Trucks would be #2 of the guessed movies, and Ben Affleck's movie was gonna bomb...that's not much good guessed there), here's my new ones...it's a crowded market on a big weekend of politics and football, so I'm thinking lower is again better...

XXX (it's getting 1 split 3d/2d screen at my local and 2 3d/Dolby only ones at my mall - no idea if this movie can pull in only $20-$22 tickets, but it's getting 3600 theaters) $19.9M

Split (it's getting 1 screen at my local and mall and has no 3d - that's gonna be limiting - it is getting 3000 theaters, so that helps) $19.8M 

Founder $3M

20th Century Women $1.6M

Gavin Stone $1M

Okay, I'm now gonna own it - horror is not my genre:).  My 2nd big miss in the same genre 2 weeks in a row (and I like M Night movies)...apparently, people show for good and bad horror, but I will say I am happy they showed for 2 original horror!:)  Go original movies!

Oh well, at least I seem to be within a $1M on every other guess (at least according the Deadline this morning), so I'm doing much better than last week as far as accuracy on all the movies, but missing the biggest makes this another miss week for me!  

• Like 1