FantasticBeasts

Beauty and the Beast over Alice in Wonderland Total(1.025b).

5 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

maybe because Maleficent did 500+, TJB 600+, and Alice almost 700? and because Beauty & Beast is more popular than any other fairy tale? 

this is gonna be huge. I won't be surprised if BB will do SW7 numbers overseas. 

The original Alice would have only made $511m outside of USA+Canada with today's exchange rates, according to @Jason

And I have reservations about Beauty and the Beast's popularity outside of Europe.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, thunder storm said:

maybe because Maleficent did 500+, TJB 600+, and Alice almost 700? and because Beauty & Beast is more popular than any other fairy tale? 

I highly doubt that the fairytale itself of the beauty and the beast is more popular or recognizable than Cinderella or Snow White...

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the exchange rates are going to be a bigger problem than people are realising. I'm a soft IN right now but I think it'll squeak it in. Maybe 450 DOM and 1B WW. If it was released in 2015 or something though it would cross it easy. A performance similar to Dory would not surprise me though.

Edited by AABATTERY

14 hours ago, Beals said:

I highly doubt that the fairytale itself of the beauty and the beast is more popular or recognizable than Cinderella or Snow White...

Recognizable I'll give you Cinderella and Snow white, but those films dont have the same nostalgic appeal because their original releases were so long ago. For a MOVIE GOING audience, BATB will be more nostalgic and for good reason. It's a tale as old as time...for a new generation.

IN

• Like 1

While there is undoubtely a strong hype, some numbers around here look to be too optimistic for me. Even more with the awful OS exchange rate.

325-375M DOM (already incredible)

550-600M OS (huge!)

Rth rarely if ever participates in clubs. So if he is in then the hell with it, so am I!

• Like 3

I'll be IN, $475m/$575m/$1.05b. It's gonna be huge, I just don't think BatB is as culturally relevant outside of Europe.

IN 525/550 (idk just spitballing)/1.075Bn

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

Rth rarely if ever participates in clubs. So if he is in then the hell with it, so am I!

Do you still believe the film will make less than 440m DOM? I feel like it may need to make more than that to reach 1bn WW

Edited by franfar

4 hours ago, franfar said:

IN 525/550 (idk just spitballing)/1.075Bn

Do you still believe the film will make less than 440m DOM? I feel like it may need to make more than that to reach 1bn WW

I still believe it will make less than 440 domestic.

• Like 1