antovolk

The Hustle | May 10 2019 | Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Remake | Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson | MGM | Will be PG-13

3 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

With Isn't It Romantic getting great reviews and this looking like a decent time at the movies, it's clear that we are in the middle of Re[bel]naissance...

she makes a good Netflix movie, yep, must be the rebelnaissance. Rebellion? Rebellionnaissance?

22 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I am not entirely sure of what her goal is here, but that accent was way over the top. Seems like it would be at home in a different film. 

It makes me think that it's fake in the movie, too.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It makes me think that it's fake in the movie, too.

Exactly!! It did not sound like the haughty, over-the-top "British accent" that you normally see glamorous American actresses do in movies, but like a caricature, a parody of said accent. I wonder if the accent is part of an elaborate ruse that includes conning Rebel Wilson's character too. Is that how the original Dirty Rotten Scoundrels went?