grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

Strange that it’s undated, maybe they’re having the Rock announce the new date? This was supposed to go into production very early next year right after he finished Red Notice.

Lots of things are supposed to happen...but we simply don't know how COVID (or mask-deniers...or even the Presidency) will retort, and possibly keep things...complicated

Edited by Macleod

It does seem like they want to keep The Rock as the driving force behind marketing, so I would assume they'll let him announce the new date. 

Shazam felt like the perfect Christmas movie and yet wasn't released there. Something tells me Black Adam will be a quite different type of movie to Shazam, at least in themes and scale so a big summer release might be a better fit. 

7 hours ago, Macleod said:

Lots of things are supposed to happen...but we simply don't know how COVID (or mask-deniers...or even the Presidency) will retort, and possibly keep things...complicated

Ya but it’s not as if anything major has changed in the last two weeks since they announced the hawk man casting. I assume they didn’t give this a date yet cause they’re trying to figure out which other dates work with the rock. 

I definitely could be wrong and if this doesn’t go into production next for the rock then I’ll definitely believe something happened and this movie is done. Just seems weird cause of recent casting news etc.