grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

No chance in Hell this will stay in December against Avatar 2. Will likely get fast-tracked to October. Yes, Aquaman worked, but it worked with virtually no competition (Mary Poppins wasn't vying for the same audience and Bumblebee was of much smaller scale + part of an incredibly degraded franchise at that point). The only downside to an October release would be that it would get its legs cut by Thor 4 in November.

• Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Has Warner confirmed the date, or made clear that the movie is indeed happening? It's all The Rock so far.

I haven’t seen anything from WB but I assume since the rock and his people announced the date we should probably hear something soon. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

The Rock announcing it is WB announcing it. WB officially announces movies only when they begin filming.

True, usually. (don't they have Batman and SS2 officially scheduled?)

But it's The Rock's Black Adam we're talking about here... I'll wait for the trailer before I believe it really is happening.

Edited by MrGlass2

So this film is not going to be tied in closely with 
Shazam?

Inclusion of Dr Fate is interesting, since in DC comics, he has for a long time pretty much played second banana to Zatana in the "Magic Using Heros" department. But he definently is cool looking. 

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

So this film is not going to be tied in closely with 
Shazam?

Inclusion of Dr Fate is interesting, since in DC comics, he has for a long time pretty much played second banana to Zatana in the "Magic Using Heros" department. But he definently is cool looking. 

It is said that the movie will be in the past, in ancient Egypt (to explore Adam origin) and in the 1960s where he will face Justice Society/Hawkman, Shazam (Billy) had not even been born at that time, let alone been chosen to be Shazam...