Jump to content
grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | The Rock. Jaume Collet-Serra to direct

Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2019 at 5:47 PM, MCKillswitch123 said:

No chance in Hell this will stay in December against Avatar 2. Will likely get fast-tracked to October. Yes, Aquaman worked, but it worked with virtually no competition (Mary Poppins wasn't vying for the same audience and Bumblebee was of much smaller scale + part of an incredibly degraded franchise at that point). The only downside to an October release would be that it would get its legs cut by Thor 4 in November.

Here we go again....:redcapes:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Hades said:

Here we go again....:redcapes:

Rock is money machine ... in Asia & Latin Black Adam definitely can do excellent business .. rest will depend on Wom/Audience reviews. 2nd & most important point is December can easily accommodate 2 biggies the best season when it comes to business at the box office  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t see this big deal about the release date.

 

I see this doing $350-400M WW and that’s perfectly fine. Black Adam is not the Joker or Lex Luthor or anyone well known, he was just a villain until as of late they’ve posed him more as an antihero. The Rock may be playing him but still this character is not an A list character like Batman or Superman. I can’t see a franchise out of him unless this film leads to a Justice Society film. Its release date is fine. 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t see this big deal about the release date.

 

I see this doing $350-400M WW and that’s perfectly fine. Black Adam is not the Joker or Lex Luthor or anyone well known, he was just a villain until as of late they’ve posed him more as an antihero. The Rock may be playing him but still this character is not an A list character like Batman or Superman. I can’t see a franchise out of him unless this film leads to a Justice Society film. Its release date is fine. 

Easily more than $400 M WW with The Rock as a lead role .. Christmas + New Year season Asia+Latin could be excellent rest will depend on Talk/Wom 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t see this big deal about the release date.

 

I see this doing $350-400M WW and that’s perfectly fine. Black Adam is not the Joker or Lex Luthor or anyone well known, he was just a villain until as of late they’ve posed him more as an antihero. The Rock may be playing him but still this character is not an A list character like Batman or Superman. I can’t see a franchise out of him unless this film leads to a Justice Society film. Its release date is fine. 

I don’t expect massive numbers either but I think if the rock can get a movie like rampage(over 400m) or even Skyscraper which was pretty bad to over 300m WW I think the goal for this should be around 500-600m WW. It could do less for sure but if it keeps the holiday date and it’s received well I think it should be able to hit those numbers. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not  a big secret that I’ll a little on the cooler side toward DC, but the character rumors for this have me hyped as fuck.    
 

Existing familiarity with the character doesn’t determine how big CBMs can be as we’ve seen over and over and over this decade. Think this could be a (mini) Aquaman breakout.

  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

“One of my interests about it is to continue to sort of—and we’ve talked about it with Dwayne and obviously with Jaume and DC—can we continue to sort of reshape what a comic book movie is? Like yes of course you want it to be entertaining and it has to make a decent amount of money so it can’t live in such a fringe place that it doesn’t bring people in, but can we do something inventive? So that’s the goal is to continue to try to do something a bit inventive with it.”

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:16 AM, Sunny Max said:

Rock is money machine ... in Asia & Latin Black Adam definitely can do excellent business .. rest will depend on Wom/Audience reviews. 2nd & most important point is December can easily accommodate 2 biggies the best season when it comes to business at the box office  

I love the way the Rock fans forget he seem to have a flop for every big hit. His box office record is pretty uneven.

In the right role, he's a draw;in the wrong role,  he flops.

It's that way for most actors, of course...but I don't hink Johnson is a gilt edge guarantee of big box office like his fanboys think.

Edited by dudalb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:37 PM, Arendelle Legion said:

Not  a big secret that I’ll a little on the cooler side toward DC, but the character rumors for this have me hyped as fuck.    
 

Existing familiarity with the character doesn’t determine how big CBMs can be as we’ve seen over and over and over this decade. Think this could be a (mini) Aquaman breakout.

That they are building the film around the Ancient Egypt angle is interesting. They seem to want to bring in just about every DC Character with an Ancient Egypt connection.

Unsure about how big at the box office this can be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:03 AM, cax16 said:

I don’t expect massive numbers either but I think if the rock can get a movie like rampage(over 400m) or even Skyscraper which was pretty bad to over 300m WW I think the goal for this should be around 500-600m WW. It could do less for sure but if it keeps the holiday date and it’s received well I think it should be able to hit those numbers. 

Which brings how big a budget they are giving this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I love the way the Rock fans forget he seem to have a flop for every big hit. His box office record is pretty uneven.

In the right role, he's a draw;in the wrong role,  he flops.

It's that way for most actors, of course...but I don't hink Johnson is a gilt edge guarantee of big box office like his fanboys think.

Since 2013 he has 2 movies that made less than 2.5X it’s budget. He’s been in 16 movies. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.