grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

I normally don't care about a writer's credits as normally several are involved with these projects, often uncredited, but his hiring doesn't exactly evoke confidence, but who knows. It's a first draft and I'm sure someone else will come in and do another run at it since this isn't going to come out, if at all, for another 5+ years I suspect given The Rock's schedule and the studio seeing how Shazam does.

12 minutes ago, TheMovieman said:

I normally don't care about a writer's credits as normally several are involved with these projects, often uncredited, but his hiring doesn't exactly evoke confidence, but who knows. It's a first draft and I'm sure someone else will come in and do another run at it since this isn't going to come out, if at all, for another 5+ years I suspect given The Rock's schedule and the studio seeing how Shazam does.

All things considered, Kenneth Lonergan wrote The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle before his better films like Gangs of New York and Manchester by the Sea.

And after two science fiction films that garnered mixed reception, Joseph Kosinski directed his heart out with Only The Brave, eliciting quite a bit of acclaim.

I'm certainly willing to give this writer a chance. This could be the moment he really shines as a writer.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, slambros said:

All things considered, Kenneth Lonergan wrote The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle before his better films like Gangs of New York and Manchester by the Sea.

And after two science fiction films that garnered mixed reception, Joseph Kosinski directed his heart out with Only The Brave, eliciting quite a bit of acclaim.

I'm certainly willing to give this writer a chance. This could be the moment he really shines as a writer.

Very true. But with so many movies that The Rock is attached to, I have to wonder what number this is in that long line :P

• Like 2

9 hours ago, slambros said:

Kenneth Lonergan wrote Analyze This before R&B and for years before that he successfully wrote plays, speeches and commercial work.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Kenneth Lonergan wrote Analyze This before R&B and for years before that he successfully wrote plays, speeches and commercial work.

Adam Sztykiel also has work of merit alongside his child-friendly films- Due Date (starring Robert Downey Jr.) and the nbc tv show Undateable.

Just how many DC movies are expected to come out in 2020? :thinking:  SS2 is supposed to go into production this fall, Batman solo and Flash next spring, Birds of Prey is "prioritized" and Black Adam is looking at a 2019 production date too.

And then there's that Joker origin film that keeps rearing its head.

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Just how many DC movies are expected to come out in 2020? :thinking:  SS2 is supposed to go into production this fall, Batman solo and Flash next spring, Birds of Prey is "prioritized" and Black Adam is looking at a 2019 production date too.

And then there's that Joker origin film that keeps rearing its head.

About 30. Why?

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, cax16 said:

In all seriousness I don’t really care who writes the movie. I’ll give anything a chance, I trust them. 

Anybody who does not care who writes a movie is somebody who does not know too much about what goes into making a good movie......

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I might not know much, but I know how important a good script is for a film.

You would think by the way you post that you basically know the ins and outs of the whole industry, especially what’s best for WB and DC movies.