grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

Oh, I am  very self aware.

I am aware that DC studios has failed.over the past few years, to deliver when it comes to their films. ANd I have plenty of company in that belief.

But then, DC fans have become so damn defensive. Any criticism of DC is not allowed.

ANyway, I think that you will not see this film actually go into pre production until they see how Shazam does.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Oh, I am  very self aware.

I am aware that DC studios has failed.over the past few years, to deliver when it comes to their films. ANd I have plenty of company in that belief.

But then, DC fans have become so damn defensive. Any criticism of DC is not allowed.

ANyway, I think that you will not see this film actually go into pre production until they see how Shazam does.

the-point-and-you-animated-gif.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"DC Studios" isn't a thing and they don't control their productions.  But whatever, same old assumption. 

Warner Bros. are the ones you should be blaming...or rather, inspiring to do better, less divisive work with these properties (since they seem to keep making many good films otherwise).

I'm betting that half the reason The Rock is taking so long developing this (other than him simply being so in-demand elsewhere) is that he does care about making a movie that is not divisive in the way recent films under this banner have been.  He's trying to separate himself from that drama a bit. (Even though he's involved in plenty of other drama over at Universal.)

Edited by Macleod

7 hours ago, Macleod said:

"DC Studios" isn't a thing and they don't control their productions.  But whatever, same old assumption. 

Warner Bros. are the ones you should be blaming...or rather, inspiring to do better, less divisive work with these properties (since they seem to keep making many good films otherwise).

I'm betting that half the reason The Rock is taking so long developing this (other than him simply being so in-demand elsewhere) is that he does care about making a movie that is not divisive in the way recent films under this banner have been.  He's trying to separate himself from that drama a bit. (Even though he's involved in plenty of other drama over at Universal.)

While there isn't a DC Films per say, it is a division but it's not independent from WB unlike Marvel Studios. 

I'm betting Shazam's post credit scenes set up Black Adam for both the sequel to Shazam and the potential BA film

5 hours ago, Jonwo said:

While there isn't a DC Films per say, it is a division but it's not independent from WB unlike Marvel Studios. 

I'm betting Shazam's post credit scenes set up Black Adam for both the sequel to Shazam and the potential BA film

Isn't BA rumored to debut in Suicide Squad 2? Though he could be teased in Shazam.

The way The Rock talked up a "surprise" coming up last year, I expected a cameo at the end of Justice League or something (well, maybe he shot it, and they didn't use it...)  Obviously Shazam will be the next most logical place for one, but yes, SS2 is rumored, as well...if that ever gets made.

Edited by Macleod

We’re also ramping up a couple big projects like “Black Adam” and our goal is to get that going at the top of 2020. The script is coming along well and we’re in the polishing phase now and are looking to attach the right director to it. A lot of people consider Dwayne a superhero already, so to finally have him play one on screen in the DC universe is a dream for us.

• Thanks 1

Some people swear by Gambit, but The Rock as Black Adam is my favorite superhero project.

Johnson Is Shazam!'s Adam

Dwayne Johnson, the actor formerly known as "The Rock," confirmed to SCI FI Wire that he will play the villainous Black Adam in the upcoming Shazam! movie, and not the superhero Captain Marvel—a choice he made at the urging of fans at Comic-Con and elsewhere.

"And talking to those fans down there, they had talked up to me about, you know, 'There's also this great character called Black Adam,'" Johnson said in an interview while promoting his upcoming SF movie Southland Tales. "I said, 'Oh, really? Tell me about it.' And they were telling me all about it. And I got some more history about Black Adam, and I just found Black Adam, just for me personally, more interesting to play. He's really a badass character. I love that."

Black Adam is a super human who is the flipside of Captain Marvel, according to Wikipedia. "When I was doing the junket for the Game Plan, someone had asked me about Shazam! again, and I said, 'Well, to be honest with you, ... what I would like to see is for the fans to decide who they would like me to play,'" Johnson said, adding: "Considering how passionate the fans are about this, I said, 'I don't believe it's up to the studio or the director or myself.' So there's [Captain Marvel]. And there's Black Adam. And I said, 'So, you guys let me know who?' And across the board, it was all Black Adam."

Shazam!, based on the classic DC Comics series, centers on Billy Batson, a young boy who gains the ability to transform into the superhero Captain Marvel by saying the magic word 'Shazam!'

Johnson's Get Smart helmer Peter Segal will direct Shazam!, which is written by John August (Corpse Bride). Johnson said that August turned in his most recent draft of the script on Nov. 2 in advance of an impending writers' strike. Shooting is expected to take place in late 2008, after Johnson completes his role in Disney's upcoming Witch Mountain. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

12 years, just like Boyhood. :sparta:spacer.gif