grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

18 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t get the people saying this looks like a 2000s CBM. It looks more 2010s to me. 

Doesn't matter what decade -- it doesn't look NEW.  Like someone else said, it looks like they filmed this in 2012 and held it in the vaults until now.  What time period does this take place in?  Is that supposed to be part of the aesthetic?  Either way, yes, too yellllloooooow.

I think is going to do quite well, though not as well as it would have done with its July release. Again, we need realistic expectations, but could see this challenging $100m opening weekend if reviews are strong.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Doesn't matter what decade -- it doesn't look NEW.  Like someone else said, it looks like they filmed this in 2012 and held it in the vaults until now.  What time period does this take place in?  Is that supposed to be part of the aesthetic?  Either way, yes, too yellllloooooow.

5000 years ago and current day its time frame

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

5000 years ago and current day its time frame

So JSA exists now, alongside Justice League?  Sooooo confusing, but whatevs.... 

Rock probably wants to establish his own new retro-DCEU.  

And The Flash will re-organize everything, anyway...

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

It was me and I said this looks like it's from 2006 lol.  The type of CBM you'd expect WB/DC to release around that time alongside Superman Returns.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

It was me and I said this looks like it's from 2006 lol.  The type of CBM you'd expect WB/DC to release around that time alongside Superman Returns.

Nah. This looks more like the kind of CBM that would’ve been made in the aftermath of the MCU taking off. 

20 hours ago, Macleod said:

So JSA exists now, alongside Justice League?  Sooooo confusing, but whatevs.... 

Rock probably wants to establish his own new retro-DCEU.  

And The Flash will re-organize everything, anyway...

God, the JSA has co existed with the JLA since the mid 60's. Granted, they were on different Earths, but still.....

Fascinating thing about the original JSA in the 1940's is that Superman and Batman never joined. DC cmics considered them too valuable and too popular on their own to waste in an ensemble cast. Hell, SUpes and Bats did not ever appear together In World's Finest until the early 50s when the comic book industry had collapsed and they..with Wondy..were the only survivors. Yes, they appeared together on the covers of World's Finest comics but that was just marketing, the stories until circa 1952 were solo stories.

You got Superman and Batman stories in the same comic book..which was World's Finest big selling point, but never together in the same story until 1952 when they were the only superhero game in town except for Wondy.

Edited by dudalb

Lol the rock is funny, I like his passion but we’ll see how well he can sell this to the GA. I’ve watched the trailer a few more times and while it’s nothing special I think it will play ok to the GA in theatres before the other big summer blockbusters.