grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

This one will do fine at BO and if it doesn't then I have no faith in DC/Warner Bros.

Wonder Woman did great

The Batman Did great

Aquaman did great

Now this one. I think it's safe to say they are on right path now.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

For the record, the main upload of the trailer on WB’s YouTube page reached 17 million views with over 300K likes. That doesn’t seem too bad for a movie like this. 

Also, they released it on the main DC YouTube page as well on day 1 at the same time and that one has 5m views with over 300k likes, so overall it did ok imo. 

Edited by cax16

On 6/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, cax16 said:

Lol the rock is funny, I like his passion but we’ll see how well he can sell this to the GA. I’ve watched the trailer a few more times and while it’s nothing special I think it will play ok to the GA in theatres before the other big summer blockbusters. 

Biggest problem is that Black Adam is a pretty obscure charectter in DC comics. Yes, I know that the MCU has done very well with some pretty obscure charecters, but  DC has yet to prove they can turn a pretty much unknown to the GA charecter into box office gold.

The little 19 second announcement video is actually punchier and better edited than the full trailer. What I'm wondering is, is this a DJ solo thing or are other DC films going to be showcased? I could see why they might elect to just lay low this year since it would be really weird to have Shazam and Aquaman there but not Flash, but I'm guessing the last thing they want to do right now is get the media talking about Ezra again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

The little 19 second announcement video is actually punchier and better edited than the full trailer. What I'm wondering is, is this a DJ solo thing or are other DC films going to be showcased? I could see why they might elect to just lay low this year since it would be really weird to have Shazam and Aquaman there but not Flash, but I'm guessing the last thing they want to do right now is get the media talking about Ezra again.

I'd say that they will show a trailer for Shazam as well. 

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

I'd say that they will show a trailer for Shazam as well. 

Yeah, that would make sense, especially since it's likely to be attached to SuperPets when that opens six days later. Speaking of SP, I'm guessing The Rock will be promoting that at SDCC as well.

Finally saw the trailer in front of Thor 4 and...yeah, I agree with the Internet, rather generic. I wouldn't go as far as many complaints that it "didn't know what it wants to be" tone wise but I get why they think that. Still cool to see Dr. Fate being realized on film, yet another C-list character from the Big Two scratched off the list. Someday Brother Power, someday your turn will come...

(All that said, my Thor 4 crowd reacted nicely to the trailer and laughed at the one-liners fwiw.)

5 hours ago, belblazer said:

The Rock will receive $22.5M for this, according to Variety.

You can laugh, but don't think that any big name in a DC movies is not on the phone with his agent demanding a bigger paycheck after what Phoenix got for Joker 2.

46 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You can laugh, but don't think that any big name in a DC movies is not on the phone with his agent demanding a bigger paycheck after what Phoenix got for Joker 2.

WB will likely point to the box office of Joker and laugh in the face of anyone not named Jason Momoa who is demanding that.

• Like 2