grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

12 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I don't think this looks good but I still want to see it?

I kinda like DC making a goofy movie like this

Oh no is this the new Morbius?

The Rock became the walking guarantee that everything he stars in will be very generic, soulless and forgettable. The guy is the most opportunistic and materialistic person in the industry, he cares only about money and nothing else, and it's reflected in everything he makes these days, this Simpsons clip describes him perfectly:

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

Theoretically I can picture this working but so far I'm reminded of a previous Johnson joint in Hercules, which some of you I'm sure have forgotten its existence until this mention. 

I don't know what it says that the only thing about this that DC fandom seems to care about is whether Cavill does a cameo here or not. 

1 hour ago, RRA said:

Theoretically I can picture this working but so far I'm reminded of a previous Johnson joint in Hercules, which some of you I'm sure have forgotten its existence until this mention. 

I don't know what it says that the only thing about this that DC fandom seems to care about is whether Cavill does a cameo here or not. 

Hercules made 250M WW on nothing more than "Here's The Rock playing Hercules" and without releasing in China. With an IP, a China release and no competition (Hercules released alongside Lucy which weirdly got a lot of big buzz) , won't be surprised if this goes double or more of that.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hercules made 250M WW on nothing more than "Here's The Rock playing Hercules" and without releasing in China. With an IP, a China release and no competition (Hercules released alongside Lucy which weirdly got a lot of big buzz) , won't be surprised if this goes double or more of that.

Is this confirmed for China? I know Dwayne's movies play there a lot, but I would believe things are a lot more up in the air.

4 minutes ago, Eric the Tethered said:

Is this confirmed for China? I know Dwayne's movies play there a lot, but I would believe things are a lot more up in the air.

China's beef seems to be with Disney right now.. Other studios are able to get their movies in. It's just that this summer has not had movies which would have normally seen a Chinese release come out.

There's not much that even domestic audiences will flock to coming out. The last PG-13 blockbuster was Thor and this is literally the next PG-13 blockbuster coming out. It's crazy how there's no big budget PG-13 family blockbuster movies for 3 full months.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jking123 said:

...I dont get what they are doing with promotion of this movie. are they hiding the best bits or hiding how much mess it is.

I think they are hiding the best bits, you can see that everything in the trailers we have are always from the same sets (scene in the middle east, The Rock posing etc), but the content they are choosing to show it's indeed not helping.

26 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I think they are hiding the best bits, you can see that everything in the trailers we have are always from the same sets (scene in the middle east, The Rock posing etc), but the content they are choosing to show it's indeed not helping.

two trailers and they still havent shown their villain as well. this new teaser is only one minus too.

I get that not every movie can have a Wakanda Forever or The Batman tier trailer but a movie like this needs better marketing promotion imo

4 hours ago, RRA said:

Fandom is weird. Ignore them. 

Might take all the movie, after I’ve processed it for 24 hours, is that ultimately it just feels like a vehicle for The Rock. They don’t go out of their way to disguise that.  So I think depending on how much you like him, it will increase your enjoyment of the film.

I am incredibly bias, because I love him, and have loved him since Leverage, but the BEST part of the is Aldis Hodge/Hawkman. 

• Like 1

I was kinda holding out hope that Rock would take a backseat to the character since he's been trying to make this for 15+ years BUT it looks like another Rock movie... The JSA look cool though but I'm very worried for how he'll take over when BA faces Shazam.

I've always had a soft spot for The Rock/Dwayne Johnson because of his earnestness and charisma so I'll probably check this out when its available for streaming.   The Scorpion King, Hercules, Walking Tall, The Rundown, Hobbs and Shaw are all good cheesy fun, none of which would've worked at all without him.  That quick cameo of Arnold Schwarzenegger in 2003's The Rundown symbolically passing the torch to The Rock was great.

On 7/23/2022 at 4:24 AM, efialtes76 said:

Birds of Prey was more of a dissapointment than a flop.

And WW84?

Come on!it was released at the worst time of the pandemic!

I never take anyone seriously when they say WW84 was a flop. I mean sure on paper it lost money and it’s box office looks poor compared to the other DCEU films, but that’s only when you ignore context. WW84 came out during the peak of Covid, when there was no vaccines readily available, everyone but China was in lockdown mode and in the USA only something like 1/3 of theaters were open, not at full capacity mind you. Plus the biggest movies markets in the USA were completely shut down (LA, NYC, SF) on top of all that, it was a day and date release too. 

My expectations for Black Adam are MOS numbers. I think it’ll be a hit internationally 

On 7/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, SnokesLegs said:

Still looks generic as hell and like something from the mid 2000’s. Count me out.

more like 2010s in the 2000s all the superheroes would wear the same outfit

• Haha 1