grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

On 7/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, Cap said:

Fandom is weird. Ignore them. 

Might take all the movie, after I’ve processed it for 24 hours, is that ultimately it just feels like a vehicle for The Rock. They don’t go out of their way to disguise that.  So I think depending on how much you like him, it will increase your enjoyment of the film.

I am incredibly bias, because I love him, and have loved him since Leverage, but the BEST part of the is Aldis Hodge/Hawkman. 

Excellent advice.

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2022 at 10:34 PM, El Gato said:

I never take anyone seriously when they say WW84 was a flop. I mean sure on paper it lost money and it’s box office looks poor compared to the other DCEU films, but that’s only when you ignore context. WW84 came out during the peak of Covid, when there was no vaccines readily available, everyone but China was in lockdown mode and in the USA only something like 1/3 of theaters were open, not at full capacity mind you. Plus the biggest movies markets in the USA were completely shut down (LA, NYC, SF) on top of all that, it was a day and date release too. 

My expectations for Black Adam are MOS numbers. I think it’ll be a hit internationally 

If it had been the same film that was rleased, WW84 would had underperformed at the box office covid or no covid. It simply was nowhere near as good as WW. It might have done Ten ot Twenty Million more, but still would have been a big bon office dissapointment for WB. No getting around that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

If it had been the same film that was rleased, WW84 would had underperformed at the box office covid or no covid. It simply was nowhere near as good as WW. It might have done Ten ot Twenty Million more, but still would have been a big bon office dissapointment for WB. No getting around that.

"Ten or Twenty Million more"...😂

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

What??

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:52 AM, dudalb said:

Ten or twenty million more by opening day, maybe. Feel like that would've opened to $150m+ in its original configuration.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 5

The backlash over this quote lol but I understand what he said and I agree. It's a good idea of having a movie for both characters + introducing JSA in Black Adam.  But I'm not that stupid to believe that it wasn't his ego who made him decline the project.

Will be hilarious if after all these years to make it happen, it ends grossing less and not having the same reception as Shazam.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, belblazer said:

The backlash over this quote lol but I understand what he said and I agree. It's a good idea of having a movie for both characters + introducing JSA in Black Adam.  But I'm not that stupid to believe that it wasn't his ego who made him decline the project.

Will be hilarious if after all these years to make it happen, it ends grossing less and not having the same reception as Shazam.

Very likely both will happen tbh. I know made a club for BA over JL but I’m really not expecting over 500m for BA and that’s if it goes well in China.

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Very likely both will happen tbh. I know made a club for BA over JL but I’m really not expecting over 500m for BA and that’s if it goes well in China.

have hopes i had a joker over IT and people called me crazy