grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

On 4/12/2019 at 1:58 AM, Kalo said:

I really don't understand why there are pushing this movie so much... there are so many more interesting properties from DC WB could be focusing on. 

"They" aren't.  The Rock is pushing it...but apparently no one else at Warners is...that's why it hasn't gotten made, yet...

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

"They" aren't.  The Rock is pushing it...but apparently no one else at Warners is...that's why it hasn't gotten made, yet...

I don't think the Rock is really pushing it either, or he would have given up some time in the last 10 years... He just stays positive and optimistic on social media for all of his projects, always.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

I don't think the Rock is really pushing it either, or he would have given up some time in the last 10 years... He just stays positive and optimistic on social media for all of his projects, always.

I think the plan was to have Black Adam in the first Shazam film but as the project evolved, it was decided to have Sivana instead and save Black Adam for further down the line. 

I'm not surprised they wanted to do a solo Black Adam film, both San Andreas and Rampage made money for Warner Bros/New Line Cinema so it's clear they want to work with Dwayne Johnson again. 

It seems unusual that with Shazam having a respectable run AND a sequel assigned a screenwriter we should know more on Black Adam.

I don't know if it holds any value but I saw scanning FB some article saying Dwayne Johnson wants to or did meet with Kevin Feige? 

39 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

It seems unusual that with Shazam having a respectable run AND a sequel assigned a screenwriter we should know more on Black Adam.

I don't know if it holds any value but I saw scanning FB some article saying Dwayne Johnson wants to or did meet with Kevin Feige? 

Black Adam is supposed to go into production early next year. When DJ put out the video congratulating the guys for Shazam’s opening weekend he said he films black Adam in about a year. 

But again, who knows what’s happening and what’s not. I’m sure he could end up in the mcu just the same. 

4 hours ago, cax16 said:

Black Adam is supposed to go into production early next year. When DJ put out the video congratulating the guys for Shazam’s opening weekend he said he films black Adam in about a year. 

But again, who knows what’s happening and what’s not. I’m sure he could end up in the mcu just the same. 

It wouldn't be surprised me if did Black Adam and a MCU film, Marvel and WB/DC already share a number of actors and one director.