grim22

Black Adam | October 21, 2022 | New Line | Don't worry, it's a hit. Dwayne Johnson says so!

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Rock reconfirmed that Black Adam is shooting next year and is ready to bring the pain to Shazam.

I was honestly kinda shocked he didn’t help promote the movie in any way before cause he was an EP, so I’m glad he at least made this video. 

16 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I was honestly kinda shocked he didn’t help promote the movie in any way before cause he was an EP, so I’m glad he at least made this video. 

He is busy filming Jumanji 3 at the moment but also his presence even as executive producer might have overshadowed everyone else so perhaps he decided to take a backseat.

Pretty cool how there's gonna be a mini-Monsterverse style shared universe within the loose continuity of DC films.

Godzilla - Shazam

Kong: Skull Island - Black Adam

Shazam 2 - Godzilla 2

Shazam vs Black Adam - Kong vs Godzilla

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

He is busy filming Jumanji 3 at the moment but also his presence even as executive producer might have overshadowed everyone else so perhaps he decided to take a backseat.

Good point 

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I'd rather be someone who hasn't worked with Dwayne Johnson before but if it had to be someone who has collaborated with him, I'd say Jake Kasdan.

Kasdan would be good. Would fit with Sandberg's sensibilities, but I assumed this would be an action film since it's meant to be set way in the past, like swords & sandals style. Peyton delivered Rampage for a good budget for New Line, and has worked with the Rock before on these kinds of films, so that's why I assumed so.

Would really like fresh blood behind the camera though, especially since this will be explicitly linked to Shazam unlike the other DCEU films

2 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

pg 13? or R

cause black adam and hawkman are pretty brutal

No way is this gonna be an R. Isn't it meant to be like an action adventure epic or something of that ilk?

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Kasdan would be good. Would fit with Sandberg's sensibilities, but I assumed this would be an action film since it's meant to be set way in the past, like swords & sandals style. Peyton delivered Rampage for a good budget for New Line, and has worked with the Rock before on these kinds of films, so that's why I assumed so.

Would really like fresh blood behind the camera though, especially since this will be explicitly linked to Shazam unlike the other DCEU films

I find Peyton's style to be a bit bland, Rampage and San Andreas were fine but anyone could have directed them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jonwo said:

I find Peyton's style to be a bit bland, Rampage and San Andreas were fine but anyone could have directed them. 

Yeah, I don't really like Peyton at all, but he sounds like the perfect kind of studio hire for a project like this tbh. If Peter Safran is involved, I could see them going for someone more interesting.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Yeah, I don't really like Peyton at all, but he sounds like the perfect kind of studio hire for a project like this tbh. If Peter Safran is involved, I could see them going for someone more interesting.

Thurber also would be good but he'll be too busy with Red Notice,