WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

Also maybe it's just me but does hype for Lego batman seem slightly muted in the past few weeks/month? Not like there's a big kids film coming out between now and it. Feels like there should be more here.

Im thinking now 50/170

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Also maybe it's just me but does hype for Lego batman seem slightly muted in the past few weeks/month? Not like there's a big kids film coming out between now and it. Feels like there should be more here.

Im thinking now 50/170

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Sure thing, but Disney has put a laser like focus on this, a massive campaign and they really seem to believe in it.  Teaser trailer with a big push, then a big trailer push, multiple ads on tv, song released, huge ad buy on New Year's Eve, poster releases and it isn't even February yet.  They know it is going to be a giant hit and are pushing it like one.  

Maleficent, Cinderella and Jungle Book didn't get this much marketing support combined.  

But they all at least tried to add something to the orginal recipe.

This BATB remake ads barely nothing it seems, shot by shot remake.

Maybe that s We, The People Want.

:ph34r:

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

But they all at least tried to add something to the orginal recipe.

This BATB remake ads barely nothing shot by shot remake.

Maybe that s We, The People Want.

:ph34r:

That was just the teaser ad. It's supposed to appeal to fans of the original by giving them something familiar, but with Emma Watson

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Lets not get stupid. BATB has a negative percent chance of beating Star Wars episode 8.

Oh, I know that. I'm just having fun with imaginary scenarios cause nothing beats a good upset and some totally bonkers boxoffice run.

43 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Im thinking now 50/170

I think it'll still pass $200m, but yes, hype seems to have died down a bit recently. Doesn't feel like a $250m+ grosser like many here are saying. 

8 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

I'm also in the camp that thinks BatB is being overpredicted. At the moment I'm seeing 350-380m, which would still be massive.

Edit: Same with LEGO Batman. IMO that one will be lucky if it matches LEGO Movie's total.

$350 million is where I am at also but if it gets raves then all bets are off.

Unless the ending twist is that the main character is not mentally ill, I have no interest in seeing Split.  My family (and several friends) have problems with mental illness and I'm sick of movies playing on negative stigmas.  Mentally ill folks have enough negative shit to deal with without being portrayed as villains.  Especially when statistically speaking, we're more likely to be attacked by neurotypicals than vice versa.

4 minutes ago, Sal said:

Unless the ending twist is that the main character is not mentally ill, I have no interest in seeing Split.  My family (and several friends) have problems with mental illness and I'm sick of movies playing on negative stigmas.  Mentally ill folks have enough negative shit to deal with without being portrayed as villains.  Especially when statistically speaking, we're more likely to be attacked by neurotypicals than vice versa.

If they start worrying about every condition out there, you won't have very many movies.  

Also, there is a "neruotypical" designation now?  Sheesh.....

• Like 2