WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 29): Split 40M | xXx 20.1M | Hidden Figures 15.7M | Sing 9M | La La Land 8.4M | The Founder 3.4M

I may see XXX:RoXC Sunday before the AFC Championship Game. 

I think the first is a solid enough over the top action film. It's cousins with Kingsmen. A film trying to give the spy genre something that wasn't Bond, Jack Ryan or Ethan Hunt. Bourne Identity came out the same year and captured the crown of new stellar spy franchise though. The fact XXX did as well as it did showed audiences were eager to keep trying new spy thriller angles. Vin made a mistake in not coming back for the immediate sequel otherwise this might be a larger franchise now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

DOA? Huh, what do you guess its numbers are going to be?

Resident Evil? If I had to guess, slightly higher than the franchise average OW, but lower DOM since there's no real interest.

23/46 perhaps? BOM has their avg. OW as 22.4m, DOM as 48.9m

The DOM would put it in between the 3rd and most recent films 

Edited by franfar

12 minutes ago, franfar said:

Resident Evil? If I had to guess, slightly higher than the franchise average OW, but lower DOM since there's no real interest.

23/46 perhaps? BOM has their avg. OW as 22.4m, DOM as 48.9m

The DOM would put it in between the 3rd and most recent films 

That's not DOA, that's expected. It's a franchise that has always been living on its OS performance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Is it really fair to call that DOA though if it's in line with the other films of this franchise?

Well, it's not increasing from previous films, and bad reviews (every film in the franchise has gotten rotten) could make it do worse than my prediction. 

I guess a better word would be mediocre.

• Like 2