grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

22 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Alita is actually a good sign for Terminator. People were comparing it to Mortal Engines and expected it to be completely ignored by audiences. There were articles already written about its failure that had to be thrown out after the opening weekend numbers started to come in. James Cameron defied expectations with an unknown property. 

A reception from the public as positive as Alita's would certainly turn Dark Fate into a big hit. Terminator is an extremely famous franchise in the whole World, and the last three movies, with a negative response from audiences, were already in the $400 million worldwide area.

Do not underestimate this movie if it's as good as Alita.

I mostly agree. Terminator is still a very popular franchise worldwide and that many people still care after 3 overall not very well received films speaks for itself. IF this is again a good Terminator film (personally I did like T5 in parts) it has all chances to overperform, at least worldwide. I just wonder if Americans will still care supposing it's a good film. Was the quality to blame when it comes to T3-T: Genisys or was the interest not big enough anymore?

I guess it will again be rated PG-13 which will annoy many fans. Of course PG-13 could results in a larger audience but I don't know if not almost as many older fans will cancel it (at least combined with mediocre reviews) and younger moviegoers won't care either way. My hopes (against my impressions so far) still are that it has a R-Rating and is a very good film.
When could we expect the first teaser? I remember that the first trailer for T5 came out before Christmas and the film was released in July so maybe in a month or so?

PS: Well made trailers would be so important here with all the scepsis among the fans due to the so far bad/almost nonexistent marketing. Alita had (IMO) nice trailers while the ones for Mortal Engines were pretty bland.

Edited by el sid

This line from Deadline's story stands out to me:

"As far as we hear, Paramount has no intentions whatsoever of moving Terminator: Dark Fate. They’re extremely confident in the movie."

I've been hearing good things about this for awhile - people involved being confident they have something. I think this is going to be quite a bit better than people expect.

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

"As far as we hear, Paramount has no intentions whatsoever of moving Terminator: Dark Fate. They’re extremely confident in the movie."

I've been hearing good things about this for awhile - people involved being confident they have something. I think this is going to be quite a bit better than people expect.

That Cameron inspired confidence.  ;) 

22 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

wohoo   good news. This better bury Charlie's angels

23 hours ago, ViewerAnon said:

I heard too many reports like that around the Terminator franchise to fully believe them but this still sounds good.
The release date is ok IMO. I saw that a new Bruce Willis crime drama opens at the same date (funny somehow) but if I see a movie flopping if not something really surprising happens (great trailers, great reviews and WOM) then it's the new Charlies's Angels movie.

Edited by el sid

TDF will be scored by Junkie XL fresh off his work in Alita.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-dark-fate-lands-composer-junkie-xl-1196327

For Junkie XL, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Composer Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, will score Terminator: Dark Fate, the upcoming Terminator sequel that brings series creator James Cameron back as a producer for the first time since 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The film is from director Tim Miller, who collaborated with Holkenborg on 2016's Deadpool.

"It's great to be working on another project with Tim," Holkenborg said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The original Terminators were such iconic movies, and having James back as a producer with Tim directing is an amazing dream team. It's going to be a fantastic movie to be part of."

Holkenborg's scoring credits include Mad Max: Fury RoadBatman v Superman: Dawn of JusticeThe Dark Tower, the most recent Tomb Raider movie and Alita: Battle Angel.

Terminator: Dark Fate, from Paramount and Skydance, is the first Terminator film to feature original star Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor since T2. Arnold Schwarzenegger is also back, with series newcomers including Natalia Reyes and Mackenzie Davis.

For Holkenborg fans in the Los Angeles area, the Terminator news comes as he prepares to make a public appearance March 29 at Synthplex, a festival described as celebrating all things synthesizer. He will be joined in conversation by THR contributor Byron Burton in Room ABC at the Burbank Airport Marriott Convention Center.

Terminator: Dark Fate opens Nov. 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Deuce66 said:

TDF will be scored by Junkie XL fresh off his work in Alita.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/terminator-dark-fate-lands-composer-junkie-xl-1196327

For Junkie XL, there is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Composer Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, will score Terminator: Dark Fate, the upcoming Terminator sequel that brings series creator James Cameron back as a producer for the first time since 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The film is from director Tim Miller, who collaborated with Holkenborg on 2016's Deadpool.

"It's great to be working on another project with Tim," Holkenborg said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "The original Terminators were such iconic movies, and having James back as a producer with Tim directing is an amazing dream team. It's going to be a fantastic movie to be part of."

Holkenborg's scoring credits include Mad Max: Fury RoadBatman v Superman: Dawn of JusticeThe Dark Tower, the most recent Tomb Raider movie and Alita: Battle Angel.

Terminator: Dark Fate, from Paramount and Skydance, is the first Terminator film to feature original star Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor since T2. Arnold Schwarzenegger is also back, with series newcomers including Natalia Reyes and Mackenzie Davis.

For Holkenborg fans in the Los Angeles area, the Terminator news comes as he prepares to make a public appearance March 29 at Synthplex, a festival described as celebrating all things synthesizer. He will be joined in conversation by THR contributor Byron Burton in Room ABC at the Burbank Airport Marriott Convention Center.

Terminator: Dark Fate opens Nov. 1

Holkenborg is really talented as shown in Alita.

Hopefully they play the tracks a little louder than they did in Alita.

• Like 2

I'm not overly concerned about Goyer or Miller. They seem suited for each other. The crass humor and love for the comic book genre is evident between both. They both are/were major contributors to where the genre is today, for better (and sometimes worse). The creative force behind the film seems well suited for this series. My only concern is how much room they're given while playing in Jim's sandbox. If they're given too much, you get "Genisys". If they're given too little, "Terminator 3" with Sarah Connor. Also, THAT TIMELINE. Someone is going to have to sticky a timeline post before this film is released.

Edited by ThePhasmid

7 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

I'm not overly concerned about Goyer or Miller. They seem suited for each other. The crass humor and love for the comic book genre is evident between both. They both are/were major contributors to where the genre is today, for better (and sometimes worse). The creative force behind the film seems well suited for this series. My only concern is how much room they're given while playing in Jim's sandbox. If they're given too much, you get "Genisys". If they're given too little, "Terminator 3" with Sarah Connor. Also, THAT TIMELINE. Someone is going to have to sticky a timeline post before this film is released.

Judging from this interview https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/james-cameron-reveals-dark-title-new-terminator-movie-teases-hardened-sarah-connor-224538641.html , Cameron seems to be happy working with Miller

'Cameron is quick to note that this is Miller’s show all the way. “Tim’s a very willful and opinionated director, and he’s got his own ideas for the film. I’m kind of like the Pips — he’s Gladys.” 

and said Miller has embraced the ideas Cameron had thematically 

'It’s a very female-centric film, which I’m glad Tim embraced those themes.”' 

So hopefully that bodes well for a healthy balance between their creative minds. 

Edited by RaidensSword
Source Web link

In reference to the above...

Let me preface that I love the idea of female power....yea! I have daughters so I'm personally invested...

It's just annoying when I see current events/progressive ideals infiltrating movies. Now EVERYTHING seems to be either female-centric, or the females are perfect in every way and make all the right decisions (which isn't close to reality). 

Again, love the idea of equality just don't want to see 'preaching' in my movies. Make sense?

Edited by lilmac
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, lilmac said:

I love females. I really really do. Female power yea! I have daughters so I'm personally invested...

It's just annoying when I see events/progressive ideals infiltrating movies. Now EVERYTHING seems to be either female-centric, or the females are perfect in every way and make all the right decisions (which isn't close to reality). 

Again, love the idea of equality just don't want to see 'preaching' in my movies. Make sense?

You re either :

with us

or

against us

Some recent Hollywood movies have been oh so subtle about all of this.

• Like 2