grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

12 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

James Cameron has become stale. Legit concerned about Avatar 2 in terms.of visuals, action and even storytelling.

Alita was good, but something was lacking, hence had very rough legs at BO.

You can't judge a Cameron movie on movies that he didn't direct.  No matter how much influence he might have behind the scenes, if he isn't actually behind the camera, that makes a HUGE difference.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

lol, why did they need to CGI him for this shot? Couldn't they have just green-screened him? Or put him on a wire or something?

60750845_458405078269972_527050869998144

The worst shot from the trailer! They could've just shot him in slo-mo on green screen (or even without it). This is some unnecessary shitty CG right there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This probably about to make Genisys' box office run look like Endgame in comparison.

November's gonna be dead af outside of Frozen 2 now that Wonder Woman moved. Maybe Doctor Sleep could do well, I like Flannagan a lot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

November's gonna be dead af outside of Frozen 2 now that Wonder Woman moved. Maybe Doctor Sleep could do well, I like Flannagan a lot.

It could very well be that it's a terrible month at the box office. Sure, you'd expect SOMETHING that's more adult-oriented or action heavy to also do well, but...you never know. It could just be that the collective moviegoers just shrug and sit most of the movies out. Maybe Joker is embraced as a very leggy adult-playing movie through Oct and Nov, and Charlie's Angels goes for the lighter action/comedy, with Frozen taking families, and Terminator is left in the dust.

6 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I still feel that Salvation had a great concept with good actors, but was ruined by on set drama and mediocre filmmaking. That and the trailers gave away too much leaving zero room for any suspense or shock 

Salvation couldn't decide who its main character was. Totally killed the story.

29 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Will prove that Deadpool was awesome and successful because of Ryan Reynolds and not the writers or director.

So X-Men Origins Wolverine was awesome too just because of Reynolds in it? You really should think twice before writing something. Also saying that writers had nothing to do with the quality of the movie is idiotic.

33 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Will prove that Deadpool was awesome and successful because of Ryan Reynolds and not the writers or director. 

James Cameron has become stale. Legit concerned about Avatar 2 in terms.of visuals, action and even storytelling.

Alita was good, but something was lacking, hence had very rough legs at BO.

This looks better than Genisys and maybe the acting and fun action will be enough to win over critics, but I doubt because nowadays critics/movie bloggers aren't fans of JC and his tirade against superhero/marvel/DC movies. His statements against Wonder Woman will keep coming back to haunt him. Happened on Alita, will happen here and on avatar movies. Female critics will be harsher because you know how dare anyone tries to talk negative about "their" superhero.

I mean, you're concerned about Avatar and Cameron capacity of directing based on two movies he didn't direct it? hmmm

• Like 1

I understand the lack of Arnold ( T-800 ) in the trailer. I mean, his character died in T2, and if this is the true sequel, he should be nowhere to be seen.  So, his return is probably a plot point, and I'm glad they didn't spoil how it happens.

I'm worried about the total lack of John Connor. The whole plot is about that character. 

• Like 2