grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

3 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Ok Ive watched both trailer and I still dont have a clue about whats going on with the story ??

A couple of How ? and Where is ? came into my mind regarding the follow up of T2

Im just here after seeing those ViewAnon tweets and was intrigued...

So you want them to spell it all out for you, basically spoiling the movie?

I mean, the story is pretty simple. How everything will fit in you'll see when you watch the movie, as it should be.

What tweets?

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Great trailer overall, the visuals are fantastic.

They should do a final trailer for the Joker and much like the D23 Star Wars trailer, use footage from the first two movies. Maybe show Edward Furlong back again as John Connor. That way, with him, Arnold and Linda back together again, plus the stock footage, audiences will recognize this as the “real” T3. Feed the nostalgia. 

Edited by JGAR4LIFE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

High quality version of the trailer for download...

https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/paramount/terminator-dark-fate/terminator-dark-fate-trailer-2_h1080p.mov

If anyone finds the international trailer in good quality, let me know.

Don't know why they compromise picture quality so much. Youtube videos can look great, just don't be stingy with the bitrates. You want your movies to look good, don't you?

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Great trailer overall, the visuals are fantastic.

Still waaaaay too much noticeable CG for my liking.  (Yeah, yeah, "They'll fix it before release" is not an excuse.)

Nothing here looks anywhere near the realism and gravity of what Cameron accomplished with T2 nearly...30 years ago?! 

I'll see it for Arnold and Hamilton, but possibly not even in theatres. 

• Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Still waaaaay too much noticeable CG for my liking. 

As with most modern movies, the SFX are fine. These complaints about CGI in trailers for seemingly every SFX heavy movie these days are ridiculous for the most part.

T2 looks way worse in some parts, like obvious CGI or fake Arnold puppet but you know what? Nobody gives a shit because the movie is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, elcaballero said:

Man, this franchise is running on fumes.

I really don't see what superhero hero fans find in their movies that makes them so much more elevated than what we see in this trailer. I'd be really curious to see the reactions if it had a Marvel stamp on it. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Elessar said:

High quality version of the trailer for download...

https://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/paramount/terminator-dark-fate/terminator-dark-fate-trailer-2_h1080p.mov

If anyone finds the international trailer in good quality, let me know.

Don't know why they compromise picture quality so much. Youtube videos can look great, just don't be stingy with the bitrates. You want your movies to look good, don't you?

wow

18 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Going by that trailer I'll be very surprised if this isn't a hot mess. Linda Hamilton looks like she forgot how to act, frankly.

But hey, Joker has a 9.2 average rating on RT now, so anything's possible.

What has one got to do with the other?

Point for taking shot at 2 fanbases at once? Or two regular movies that dont deserve your snark? Ok, terminator deserves it a little, since so many different but the same rehashes. Joker on the other hand never warranted such low expectation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elessar said:

As with most modern movies, the SFX are fine. These complaints about CGI in trailers for seemingly every SFX heavy movie these days are ridiculous for the most part.

T2 looks way worse in some parts, like obvious CGI or fake Arnold puppet but you know what? Nobody gives a shit because the movie is amazing. 

Yeah maybe that's the difference then lol.

• Like 1

T2 made it pretty impossible to have a satisfying sequel without undoing the ending of said film. Just hoping for a solid film and if it sucks then well I'll ignore it like the other three films that came after T2. C

11 hours ago, Alexdube said:

I really don't see what superhero hero fans find in their movies that makes them so much more elevated than what we see in this trailer. I'd be really curious to see the reactions if it had a Marvel stamp on it. 

Eh Marvel hasn't burned their fans three times in a row like the Terminator franchise has done. Understandable if people are skeptical considering also there's not much to go on with these two trailers other than some decent action set pieces. 

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Eh Marvel hasn't burned their fans three times in a row like the Terminator franchise has done. Understandable if people are skeptical considering also there's not much to go on with these two trailers other than some decent action set pieces. 

I just find it remarkable how much popularity Marvel enjoys, up to like Iron Man 3 i've watched most of them and they did nothing for me. Yet people seem to be so picky when it comes to some other franchises...

As far as i remember T3 was quite liked. I came to dislike it. Sometimes it comes off as a parody. People hated Salvation, i found it okay. Props for trying something new. I seem to deviate from popular opinion quite often, except for Genisys it seems. That one looked so bad even in trailers that i've never set eyes on the movie. I wish it never happened. Buzz on Dark Fate would have been higher me thinks. So i can understand some of the reservations. Yet i can't fathom people claiming Dark Fate looks no better than the rest of the non Cameron sequels. It does.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Elessar said:

I just find it remarkable how much popularity Marvel enjoys, up to like Iron Man 3 i've watched most of them and they did nothing for me. Yet people seem to be so picky when it comes to some other franchises...

As far as i remember T3 was quite liked. I came to dislike it. Sometimes it comes off as a parody. People hated Salvation, i found it okay. Props for trying something new. I seem to deviate from popular opinion quite often, except for Genisys it seems. That one looked so bad even in trailers that i've never set eyes on the movie. I wish it never happened. Buzz on Dark Fate would have been higher me thinks. So i can understand some of the reservations. Yet i can't fathom people claiming Dark Fate looks no better than the rest of the non Cameron sequels. It does.

I'll just say this succinctly, then the long version: I think Terminator fans are critical of these sequels because the concept and of course the first two films were such a high bar of creative possibilities; and it's disappointing to continually see them downgraded with each successive sequel.  

I, too, frequently deviate from the popular opinion, but not in this case, I guess.  I *am* picky, because I love film, am passionate about it, and have been lucky enough to spend my life researching and teaching about it.  And I am quite critical of Marvel Studios/Disney product lately, just to make this clear.  I also love classic Arnold and particularly Arnold as the Terminator, like millions of others.  Even in the otherwise goofy and ludicrous Genisys, Arnold had me emotionally moved in his final moments on screen (!). 

And yes, T3 was received relatively well at the time because, while it's still nothing close to the iconic experience of T2 (almost nothing could be), it succeeded well in action and style, and actually made some relatively daring narrative choices for the series at that time (I still love the final scene, and how it's revealed).  And Arnold in T3, particularly in the confrontation scene at the airplane hanger with John Connor, delivers one of his best performances, I think ("Desire is irrelevant -- I am a machine."). 

So I'm a fan!  And I'm not just riffing or quipping to be snarky, just to be clear.  These are my honest critical, halfway knowledgeable opinions from a genuine fan of the actors and mythology (and as a big supporter of Cameron's work).  There are plenty of interesting directions they could have taken this with Arnold still involved; including what original co-writer William Wisher had in mind in 2010 as possible sequels (some elements of which may have gotten folded into Salvation and Genisys):

https://deadline.com/2010/02/exclusive-wishers-take-on-terminator-5-6-25147/

Dark Fate (including it's rather droll title), just really does seem undercooked, from what we've seen so far.  I do honestly hope that there are interesting secrets contained within the final product...

• Like 1

I was sold for this movie when I heard that Jim and Linda are back. I wouldn't even have needed a trailer to buy an IMAX ticket 1st weekend. 

But the trailer is bad. Really bad. If I wasn't a huge Terminator fan for nearly two decades I wouldn't care for it. The have some way to go in my opintion.

I am pretty sure the movie will be good but the same was the case for "Alita" and we all know how people still debate if it is a success or a failure.

Speaking of "Alita": I hope the Alita army will flock out to see "Dark Fate". If this Cameron production is a success story, Disney may find the last quantum of confidence needed to greenlight an "Alita" sequel.