grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

It looks entertaining enough, but that's about it. Despite the history behind the franchise, it doesn't come off as anything close to an event and the box office is showing that. People just aren't going for it.

• Knock It Off 1

On 10/26/2019 at 10:06 AM, Juby said:

My final prediction from 16 Sep (I published it on another forum)

Opening weekend: $26.5 mln

Domestic: $64 mln

Foreign: $240 mln

Worldwide: $304 mln

Well, my prediction wasn't that ridiculous after all. :(

There's no previews in Poland. I will see it on November 8th. For now:

The Terminator 10/10

T2 10/10

Rise of the Machines 7+/10

Salvation 5/10

Genisys 4/10

• Community Manager
13 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

If that show had been made today, they could have used the plot of Dark Fate as the starting point. And the fact that it was on streaming could have enticed Linda and Arnold to join.

Not really. The concept of the show would have changed. Which is fine. But like those 2 seasons we got were way better than any of the post T2 movies and I wouldn't want to change that to follow up a bombed movie.

• Like 1

Disappointing. The combined efforts of talent like James Cameron and Tim Miller amounted to basically nothing. As generic for a terminator film as they come. The biggest problem, apart from being the exact same film with T2 and 3 , is that the new characters lack any sort of charisma, is it so fucking hard for such a production to find some charismatic actors ? Robert Patrick had more charisma in one of his fingers than all of the new actors combined. Where is a new young actress with the charisma of Linda Hamilton in this thing ? The new characters are booooring and so are the non-action scenes. The action is great but in the age of the F&F films, the superhero films e.t.c this isn’t that big of a deal. Also not having any sort of horror elements that even T2 (with the menacing Robert Patrick) had, hurts the film. I actually prefer T3 to this, at least the female terminator vs.  Arnie had a small curiosity factor, this new one has nothing. It is basically a superhero film where everyone is a superhero vs. a mega villain of sorts.

Not a bad time at the theater but damn I expected so much more. The franchise is over. Things like this make me feel better for never getting a The Thing true sequel, one classic and done.

• Like 2

Yeah, the film is entertaining, i had a good time.

That said, it could be so much better with Cameron directing and writing. The movie has some really good ideas, but The script Don’t make much with them. 

The movie is also kinda ugly, looks cheap in some parts, since Deadpool have the same problem i think Miller is the One to blame, his directing in general is just decent, and It’s not different here.

Also, impressive how bad they marketed this and make a pretty decent movie looks like trash. That along with the terrible previous entries is probably why this is bombing.

Maybe if at least Salvation / Genysis doesn’t exist, this could be a hit, but oh well, 7/10

I liked the film but it's not some groundbreaking masterwork. Mackenzie Davis, Linda Hamilton and Arnold are the stand outs. Reyes is miscast and so is Luna honestly. The film does have heart and real emotion, which is welcome after that vapid wannabe poor man's Marvel movie called Genisys. The film has decent pacing and mostly engaging action sequences. Much of the script, which is just an amalgamation of past Terminator movies, miscastings and disrespect for the fans of the mythology holds the film back. I give it a B-. 

After seeing Deadpool and Dark Fate, Tim Miller solidifies himself as a solid action director that doesn't forgot the heart of a film. I look forward to his next directing project. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m surprised that the audience score on RT hasn’t been nuked by the usual suspects. There are plenty of people on YouTube who are tearing into this movie, so I figured that would’ve been reflected in the audience score like it was with the HBO Watchmen show. 

At a guess, I’d say that the TV audience score is easier to review bomb due to not needing to prove you’ve seen it. The troll reviews on the Watchmen page are so easy to spot.

I liked the movie...but if they plan on continuing with this franchise, they need to realize that T2 is OVER. It's not happening again. This is the third attempt to make T2 happen again.

Go in a new direction. Move things forward. Stay in the future. Go into SPACE! 300 years from now, the machines have colonized all the planets of the solar system. 

There's plenty they can do to inject something new.

I would just be happy with a Terminator movie where we actually get some high quality Terminator infiltrating. They're designed as infiltration units but they only do the most rudimentary acts before blowing their cover.

Genisys kinda attempted this with Nano-Conner taking over the cyber company to jumpstart Skynet, but all of that happened off-screen.

36 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I would just be happy with a Terminator movie where we actually get some high quality Terminator infiltrating. They're designed as infiltration units but they only do the most rudimentary acts before blowing their cover.

Genisys kinda attempted this with Nano-Conner taking over the cyber company to jumpstart Skynet, but all of that happened off-screen.

To be fair, that was always the original concept of the Terminator : infiltration.

Arnold killed the idea with his physique and appearance.

Not very discrete if you ask me, Cameron knew this but Arnold had the "It thing" that made him irresistible as the bad guy.

Edited by The Futurist

5 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

The only question we wanna know: which one is a bigger bomb? Dark Phoenix or Dark Fate?

Dark Phoenix because the X-Men franchise had some hits Logan didn't come out that long ago. Every Terminator film has been a downward spiral since T3.