grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Just now, Napoleon said:

I would wait to see how it holds before declaring it anything if I were you. Joker is getting to $1 billion and no one saw that coming right after opening weekend. Dark Fate is being well received by critics and audiences.

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Time to grow up and face the facts; Dark Fate is a bomb, and all the wishful thinking in the world will not change that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I would wait to see how it holds before declaring it anything if I were you. Joker is getting to $1 billion and no one saw that coming right after opening weekend. Dark Fate is being well received by critics and audiences.

Yeah, you keep on saying that, but there's nothing to support it. It's flopping badly in Europe (including in markets where it opened last week, so no sign of legs either), China's opened low and will die fast... Is it supposed to have a 6x multiplier domestically? It better start with a good increase for Tue, then. Say... 150%?

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Yeah, you keep on saying that, but there's nothing to support it. It's flopping badly in Europe (including in markets where it opened last week, so no sign of legs either), China's opened low and will die fast... Is it supposed to have a 6x multiplier domestically? It better start with a good increase for Tue, then. Say... 150%?

Back in 2016, Napoleon was insisting a couple of months after it opened ..and bombed...that Ghostbusters 2016 was going to end up being a big success .

Edited by dudalb

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not the first time Napoleon has insisted a film is going to be a hit after it's painfully clear to anybody who is not a blind fanboy that the film is a box office fiasco.

But that's not what I'm doing. All I'm saying is let's see how the holds are going to be. This here is a different case than usual. It's a good movie with good reviews from critics and audiences.

21 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The Greatest Showman opened to only $8,8 million in 2017 and went on to finish with a total domestic box office of $174 million.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl1700234753/weekend/?ref_=bo_rl_tab#tabs

Comparing a family musical opening that had an A cinemascore around Christmas to a super well established fatigued franchise entry, already well into it's regular release in some markets, with a B+ cinemascore and a around sound that it is matching it's trailer at best do sound flawed in many way.

A super good legs story would be something like the Maleficent sequel just achieved to do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

But that's not what I'm doing. All I'm saying is let's see how the holds are going to be. This here is a different case than usual. It's a good movie with good reviews from critics and audiences.

no its not , at all, the  movie is a box office flop , the budget is 180-200, thats all you need to here

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

no its not , at all, the  movie is a box office flop , the budget is 180-200, thats all you need to here

It was not pulled from theaters yesterday, there's plenty of time for audiences to start showing up. I'm not saying it's gonna happen. But Dark Fate is a good movie, audiences are loving it, and word of mouth COULD turn things around. No one here can see the future.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Production Companies

James Cameron production are not known to be particularly on the cheap side, they sound quite possible to be true numbers.

Budget figures of movies have always been a way to communicate and too big to be true in Hollywood. The truth is probably lower for many movies. They only had Genisys for model. I doubt they really put 185 m in it.  

1 hour ago, Laurent K said:

Budget figures of movies have always been a way to communicate and too big to be true in Hollywood. The truth is probably lower for many movies. They only had Genisys for model. I doubt they really put 185 m in it.  

Feel like you are missing a word here, way to communicate what that they are an big event so they inflate the numbers ?

That could have been true for some and in a certain era, but usually they love being perceived has winners title (a lot of people avoid anything that start being perceived has a loosing movie and bad or good OW will be the main factor), and thus tend to massage down the movie budget way more than overpresent them, look how much more popular net budget is than gross budget in movie talk, if they wanted to communicate large-spectacle and proud of the larger numbers they would stick to the gross budget.

From what transpired from leak, trials, jurisdiction that started to show movie budget they give tax credit too, it is way more frequent for the figure to be 5%-15% lower than reality than the other way around.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

We knew 1B was happenig in opening weekend

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The Greatest Showman opened to only $8,8 million in 2017 and went on to finish with a total domestic box office of $174 million.

That's a december release. And those always are very atypical, with rather small openings and huge legs for some. Look at Jumanji (2017) with $36 million opening weekend and $404 million total domestic gross. But not even a december release day could've saved Dark Fate from its dark fate.

I just came back from seeing the movie, it was good, it was real good. Easily the best one since Terminator 2.

It felt much more along the lines of Terminator 2 than any of the three movies that came after. It didn't overdo the humour. There was plenty of entertaining action. Arnie was back to playing a cool likeable Terminator instead of the more unlikable one from Terminator 3 or corny one from Terminator Genisys. Linda Hamilton was cool. Surprisingly Grace was pretty bad ass. The Rev-9 was the best antagonist since the T-1000.

What more do people want? Of course it's not as good as the first two but that doesn't mean that this isn't still a good movie. It's like the series has a bit of a stigma against it now.

This doesn't deserve to flop, this was a solid action Terminator movie. I wasn't a fan of what they did with a certain character but had this movie come out back in the late 90's then that character could have taken the place of the Mexican girl but that couldn't exactly happen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2