grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Even before Miller responded Incels were attacking the film because apparently Sarah Connor didn't exist in the two first and most well liked films in the franchise. If a female character isn't a total damsel in distress their are always a group of men on the internet who whine. The film is going to bomb anyway so I don't see how it is a threat to them. 

• Like 3

Don't get me wrong, I love the first 2 Terminators and Arnold is iconic. I was looking forward to this originally but that's faded pretty fast with the more I see.

Unfortunately I feel Arnold is like a heavy and uncomfortable weight around this franchise now, people can't seem to support or take the movies seriously without him but at the same time, he's never going to be able to capture the magic that made him special in the role again.

Shoehorning him in a via all these different situations is stopping them finding a real successor to the role or a story that stands on it's own. 

At some point they need to try and define what Terminator is for a new generation, the way Bond or Spiderman movies do, but they keep getting stuck in this middle ground under the shade of Arnold's shadow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Even before Miller responded Incels were attacking the film because apparently Sarah Connor didn't exist in the two first and most well liked films in the franchise. If a female character isn't a total damsel in distress their are always a group of men on the internet who whine. The film is going to bomb anyway so I don't see how it is a threat to them. 

it's not going to bomb and will make 400m WW like the last one, unless the R rating has an impact it will at least break even

52 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it's not going to bomb and will make 400m WW like the last one, unless the R rating has an impact it will at least break even

nah this will make less. Last one Arnold's return probably helped in overseas markets. Domestically it will go down more. Something like 60m/230m overseas. 

Edited by John Marston

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

nah this will make less. Last one Arnold's return probably helped in overseas markets. Domestically it will go down more. Something like 60m/230m overseas. 

How about Linda Hamilton's first appearance since 1991? The R-rating might indicate the first unneutered Terminator since... you guessed right, since 1991. Did it ever cross your mind that this might be actually good? People who have seen more or all of it seem to think so. I won't even mention Cameron's involvement since apparently approving of Genisys in some stupid ad negates everything this man has achieved.

Gosh, the negativity on this board is such a bummer sometimes...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Elessar said:

How about Linda Hamilton's first appearance since 1991? The R-rating might indicate the first unneutered Terminator since... you guessed right, since 1991. Did it ever cross your mind that this might be actually good? People who have seen more or all of it seem to think so. I won't even mention Cameron's involvement since apparently approving of Genisys in some stupid ad negates everything this man has achieved.

Gosh, the negativity on this board is such a bummer sometimes...

Each entry since T2 has decreased, we aren't being negative, we are being realistic.  I'd love nothing more than this movie being great and making a ton, but the last two movies have done nothing to keep up the good will.  

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Each entry since T2 has decreased, we aren't being negative, we are being realistic.  I'd love nothing more than this movie being great and making a ton, but the last two movies have done nothing to keep up the good will.  

The last two movies have absolutely nothing to do with this film other than bearing the name of the franchise.

Fine, keep ignoring any positive signs...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elessar said:

The last two movies have absolutely nothing to do with this film other than bearing the name of the franchise.

That's how franchises work. 

I might add that it's really weird seeing you call others out for not being positive, lol

• Like 1

I feel like this, Midway, and Charlie's Angels are all duking it out with each other as to what will be the biggest casualty of November but the former two almost certainly have much bigger budgets unless Sony stupidly sunk a ton of money into the latter (and this will likely make some coins overseas, unlike Midway which probably won't make anything anywhere).

4 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Not sure what you are trying to say, because Genysis had nothing to do with the previous 2 either.

I'm trying to say that previous few movies have no bearing on how this one will turn out. It's pretty obvious.

Conspiracy theory,  they're using this as a smoke screen in case the movie does poorly so they can blame the misogynists.  It's an built in excuse 

Spoiler

😛

Kidding of course.  I think it's all BS by both sides.  The movie will do what it does on its own.  The series already had a female terminator so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone or a big deal.  If it is  a big deal to people they are just being stupid

7 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Titanic literally means of exceptional strength and power so...

Okay... But I was referring to how, historically, everyone thought the movie was a sure bomb and were drawing obvious parallels with the fate of the Titanic

On 7/12/2019 at 8:41 PM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Responding to the jabs just encourages it, the movie isn’t scaring anyone. The interviewer was just baiting Miller imo for the clickbait headline. At least it’s reminding people the movie exists.

hope the movie is as good as screening audiences are saying it is.