grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

On 22.1.2017 at 7:08 PM, John Marston said:

Genisys made $440M worldwide, which proves that the franchise is still viable enough, with Arnold involved, but only if the budget is at a reasonable level. 

T3 and Salvation reportedly cost $200M, Genisys was around $150M. I think they should aim for $100M. 

if Cameron is involved in a somewhat creative capacity and not only as a spokesperson and Arnold as well (not necessarily in a lead role) this could do well, if they come up with a new and fresh take on the story and not re-hash the same plot again.

A movie called Terminator for $100m in 2018(-ish)? Yeah, right...

Edited by Elessar

It is happening. Tim Miller is friends with Cameron and dude is a great visual director with actual storytelling prowess. People keep throwing his name for Batman, but unless it's a reboot, I don't see hot up and coming names like Tim Miller getting anywhere close the DCEU. And I actually think Batman will get DougLimanized: a director will get attached, but nothing will happen after Justice League. Not sure even if Aquaman is happening. 

On 1/31/2017 at 7:51 AM, vc2002 said:

Terminator franchise is in the same shithole as Batman was after B&R, so it will take a director as talented as Nolan to give it a worthy reborn. Tim Miller ain't no Chris Nolan.

But at least Tim Miller ain't no Alan Taylor, either.

http://collider.com/terminator-5-update/#david-ellison

During a recent conversation with our very own Steven Weintraub, Skydance honcho David Ellison said that there will be a major announcement about the Terminator franchise coming in 2017. He essentially left the announcement at that but you can read his quotes from the interview right below.

Here’s what Ellison said during his interview with Steve:

“I will say we have resolved the future of the franchise and believe me its an incredibly bright future. I think where it’s going will be the continuation of what the fans really wanted since T2.”

“We have something this year that we will be announcing for the franchise. It’s something we’re incredibly excited about and we think is the direction it needs to head.”

• Like 2

i feel like every terminator sequel (and tv show) has apparently been "what the fans have wanted since T2" according to these guys. i think alot of the time when hollywood types say "the movie fans really want" they mean rehash or lazy fanservice.  

• Like 4

I'll just add Collider's comment, which i fully agree with:

Despite my middling feelings about the last three movies, I have an undeniable interest in hearing what exactly they are planning to do with the franchise. The story being told in Salvation is the most fascinating narrative of the last three and if one could find a way to plausibly rethink the war between John Conner and SkyNet, that could give the film some real energy. This is all speculation, however, and there’s just as much information to suggest that the new film will simply be a reboot. Here’s hoping this announcement comes sooner than later for the sake of my sanity.

James Cameron Wants to Make a New Terminator Trilogy

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/873929-james-cameron-wants-to-make-a-new-terminator-trilogy#/slide/1

“The question is — has the franchise run its course or can it be freshened up?,” Cameron says. “So I am in discussions with David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half, so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.