grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

T2 was a pioneer for practical effects and visual effects used hand in hand. This needed someone like a McQuarrie, it just looks like a lot of sound stage, weightless CGI again. That's what, the fourth Terminator film in a row to do that? Or maybe I'm misremembering, Salvation certainly looked more tangible than this does.

• Like 3

Not a great first impression doesn't seem that much different from Genisys' first trailer. I would have thought they would have emphasised how this is the "true sequel" to Judgement Day but guess they thought having Linda Hamilton appear would be good enough. Still very hopeful for the final product and future trailers can win me over of course. 

Just now, filmlover said:

We all know this will still come back even after this flops once again because this franchise is unkillable for whatever reason.

My kingdom for a James Cameron scripted/directed one of these again.

Will prove that Deadpool was awesome and successful because of Ryan Reynolds and not the writers or director. 

James Cameron has become stale. Legit concerned about Avatar 2 in terms.of visuals, action and even storytelling.

Alita was good, but something was lacking, hence had very rough legs at BO.

This looks better than Genisys and maybe the acting and fun action will be enough to win over critics, but I doubt because nowadays critics/movie bloggers aren't fans of JC and his tirade against superhero/marvel/DC movies. His statements against Wonder Woman will keep coming back to haunt him. Happened on Alita, will happen here and on avatar movies. Female critics will be harsher because you know how dare anyone tries to talk negative about "their" superhero.

• Like 3
  • Knock It Off 1

6 months to clean up the CG but I was hoping with Tim Miller being former Blur guy the CG would be implemented better but it looks like the typical obvious cg doubles bouncing around like the other Terminator movies. Also some scenes are way too dark. They probably haven't settled on the final color timing but the scene of Sarah at night and the cargo plane shot were too dark to really see what was happening. 

• Haha 1

This looks like Genysis redux to me. If they're gonna ignore everything post-T2 why make it look like all of the movies that came after? I can't judge the story yet, but visually, it looks bland, unimaginative and unpolished. There's no weight to the action, and none of the scenes look exciting.

And what horrible music choice.

But...we'll see. Maybe the second trailer will be far better. After all, loads of time to polish the movie visually, but I just feel like they should have put their best foot forward with the first trailer and they completely blew it. There's only so far the Cameron name can take you (Alita had truly amazing visuals, which...doesn't appear to match and still barely did 400 WW) and even though the Terminator is a well-known and popular franchise, it's still same old, same old, and I really don't see this doing well at all at the moment. :/