grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

30 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Arnold posted the trailer on reddit himself. He seems to be answering some questions too. 

Good way to make sure no one takes a dump on the trailer in the thread. That whole thread would have been a lot more negative if Arnie didn't turn it into an AMA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if this series is no longer going to concentrate on Arnold as the main protagonist then maybe what they need is some bigger names in it. Like how about offering Hugh Jackman a role as the next bad Terminator? How about give us something anyone who's a recognizable name? I know it's just a teaser but that was a two-minute teaser. Not exactly a quick 30 second clip to whet your appetite.

• Like 3

I’ve never seen any of the Terminator movies, but I watched and liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Shame it got canceled. Of course I know most of the story from popular culture and the show, but nothing in the teaser seemed super exciting or bad. Looked fine. 

Major fan of the first two movies in the series, both are 5 star classics imo. 

I would rate this trailer a 3/5 - we already have a rehashed chase scene being featured, the "FEEL/Vibe" that I get is that it's too clean, kind of clinical, too familiar and certainly nowhere near as foreboding as T1 or T2. There's plenty of room for improvement (some of that CGI needs work), not much revealed yet in terms of storyline. This could go either way for me. 

Yeah not feeling this trailer.  I know it's the first one and can get better as they go, but this was  a very lackluster and underwhelming way to get started

Still think so far that Mackenzie Davis is the stand out for this film

• Like 1

The coolest part of the trailer is that Luna's Terminator has, essentially, the ability to be in two places at once.

Didn't see any jaw dropping sequences that made one go, "haven't seen that before".

I need an answer to where is John Connor though.

I'm among the group who actually like the real T3 and Salvation though. I wanted a true sequel to Salvation, set in the Future War that completed the loop of sending Kyle back. This is not that. Genysis was a disaster.

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Alita was good, but something was lacking

Oh, I know this one, James Cameron as director?

Highest RT audience reviews for a blockbuster in years, basically will break even despite swallowing many types of box office poison (anime adaptation, no recognizable star, original film, dystopian scifi noir, bad marketing, extremely graphic violence, etc).

Nothing disappointing about the movie except it only broke out a lot more than expected instead of insanely more than expected.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Knock It Off 2

The trailer is a step up from that godawful original poster.

Very low expectations for this now. Really feels more like an indie film than something supposed to be a huge blockbuster, not even convinced it’ll beat Alita now with that trailer. Where was the T2 theme music? Where was the hype? Blehhhhhh. :(

• Like 3

Sarah Connor Chronicles was by far the best Terminator sequel we've gotten since T2.

Very sad to say, this trailer didn't do anything for me. Because I was totally looking forward to this movie. Hopefully the next trailer is better. (Or rather, hopefully the movie itself is better.)

12 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

Oh, I know this one, James Cameron as director?

Highest RT audience reviews for a blockbuster in years, basically will break even despite swallowing many types of box office poison (anime adaptation, no recognizable star, original film, dystopian scifi noir, bad marketing, extremely graphic violence, etc).

Nothing disappointing about the movie except it only broke out a lot more than expected instead of insanely more than expected.

Is it adaptation or original?

Where was the extremely graphic violence as well?

And dystopian scifi noir? I think you're giving it too much credit.

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1