grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

On 5/25/2019 at 12:05 AM, Alli said:

Paramount will die next year when Top Gun 2 spectacularly bombs. Terminator  is just the appetizer...

And are you happy with this? I for sure would love to see Paramount rise. Anyways, last year they had more hits (MI6, AQP, Bumblebee, Book Club, Instant Family) than misses(Gnomes, Action Point). And their release schedule is not that worrying

Rocketman headed to big gross.

Crawl budget is low, so healthy business is more than probable.

Dora is a big question. Trailer didn't have bad reaction at all.

Gemini Man is really promising.

Dark Fate won't bomb.

Rythm Section budget is 50M, so probably a hit there also.

Top gun sequel? still early to know, but it has Cruise.

Sonic is the worst turd in the horizon. Looks awful and misguided.

4 minutes ago, stripe said:

And are you happy with this? I for sure would love to see Paramount rise. Anyways, last year they had more hits (MI6, AQP, Bumblebee, Book Club, Instant Family) than misses(Gnomes, Action Point). And their release schedule is not that worrying

Rocketman headed to big gross.

Crawl budget is low, so healthy business is more than probable.

Dora is a big question. Trailer didn't have bad reaction at all.

Gemini Man is really promising.

Dark Fate won't bomb.

Rythm Section budget is 50M, so probably a hit there also.

Top gun sequel? still early to know, but it has Cruise.

Sonic is the worst turd in the horizon. Looks awful and misguided.

I'm not happy, i'm quite sad to see the state of Par these days. But the decision to make a new Terminator is baffling. The franchise has run its course for now. The budget could have been used to finance some original content

And Top Gun 2 shows desperation from Cruise and Par. Budget is over 200M, and i'm pretty sure it's not going to be a good movie. Just a hunch, like i had with The mummy

33 minutes ago, Alli said:

I'm not happy, i'm quite sad to see the state of Par these days. But the decision to make a new Terminator is baffling. The franchise has run its course for now. The budget could have been used to finance some original content

And Top Gun 2 shows desperation from Cruise and Par. Budget is over 200M, and i'm pretty sure it's not going to be a good movie. Just a hunch, like i had with The mummy

You were expecting Fallout to flop too.

• Disbelief 1

11 hours ago, John Marston said:

This movie has the balls to ignore every sequel and position itself as the “true” sequel but looks way worse than most of them. At least T3 and Salvation didn’t look like Sci Fi Channel originals 

T3 looks pretty awful.

(I like T3, but the photography looks cheap.)

I think Cameron will add value but that would be mostly in China and may be couple of other OS markets. Domestic this one will under perform though it has a good release date.

I would say

Domestic - 80m

OS -C - 200m

C - 200-300m (depending on competition and reception).

So I could join T6 C > T6 WW-C.

17 hours ago, stripe said:

Dark Fate won't bomb.

giphy.gif

The same thing people were saying in 2015 before Genisys premiere.

My prediction after this (very bad) teaser trailer:

Opening weekend: $26 million

Domestic:               $73 million

Overseas (-China):  $205 million

China:                     $102 million

Worldwide:             $380 million

Paramount has to do something (something great) in marketing for this film if they don't want to share Genisys' fate. Keeping saying this is the direct sequel to T2 (after two other direct sequels no one gives a shit anymore), showing Linda and James Cameron's name isn't enough. They must show the story, present the characters, just like Marvel did with Guardians of the Galaxy trailers. People will not go to see this film if they don't know what the story will be, and who are the new characters, and what happened to Sarah and Terminator for all this years. People won't go to see the film only because "it is another Terminator", cause this franchise failed them couple of times in the last 16 years.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, John Marston said:

This movie has the balls to ignore every sequel and position itself as the “true” sequel but looks way worse than most of them. At least T3 and Salvation didn’t look like Sci Fi Channel originals 

Luckily I have a "true" T3 called Rise of the Machines. I have a 4 film +TV saga that blends into one fairly good narrative. 

This isn't T3, it is its own reboot like Genysis and will die as such. Treated by most fans as the Highlander Quickening of the saga. Pointless.

Sadly none of us will ever have the saga wrap in on itself and complete things where Kyle is sent back for T1. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Luckily I have a "true" T3 called Rise of the Machines. I have a 4 film +TV saga that blends into one fairly good narrative. 

This isn't T3, it is its own reboot like Genysis and will die as such. Treated by most fans as the Highlander Quickening of the saga. Pointless.

Sadly none of us will ever have the saga wrap in on itself and complete things where Kyle is sent back for T1. 

Well, whether you like it or not, this is T3, a direct sequel to T2. And i'd be surprised if it's not better than that other T3...

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I don't have to accept what Cameron calls this film. 

If in your head the 2003 T3 is the true sequel to T2, that's up to you. But official canon it is not. Or rather, it gets treated as "alternate timeline".

Anyway, it's ridiculous how fast people make up their mind based on one teaser...

1 hour ago, Elessar said:

And i'd be surprised if it's not better than that other T3...

Why? The Sarah Connor Chronicles wasn't better than T3, Genisys wasn't better than T3, now this is the third atempt to do alternate T3 and I don't see any reaseons why this one could beat Mostow's film.

19 minutes ago, Elessar said:

If in your head the 2003 T3 is the true sequel to T2, that's up to you. But official canon it is not. Or rather, it gets treated as "alternate timeline".

Anyway, it's ridiculous how fast people make up their mind based on one teaser...

Official Canon? Says who, James? 😁 His vanity project can be his T3, it can be yours, but the facts are there has long been a T3 that is canon. 

Dark Victory is the alternate much like Genysis and does not overwrite it at all.

I suppose Superman Returns is a legit Donnor 2.5 or the last Halloween film the truest Halloween 2 for you as well...because, well because the latest executive producer said so. Sure, go with that...in your head. Meanwhile there is a legit Halloween II and it is brilliant. Rise of the Machines may have some flaws but it is, has been and will be the T3 that is part of the larger legit Terminator saga for most, Cameronites not withstanding. 

• Like 1