grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

I try to make outlines of screened films to compare them to the final cut, just to track reshoots and the like. I'm posting this single paragraph from the outline because, as a geek, this woulda intrigued the fuck outta me.

Some spoilers about the current future status quo, but generally I find this bit more intriguing than super spoilery.

Spoiler

Driving scene. Sarah quizzes Grace about the future. They don’t have Skynet, they have Legion, a defense system (Sarah laughs at it all happening again). Governments tried to fry Legion with EMPs and Legion responded with nukes. Grace asks again why Sarah was on that bridge. Sarah says she occasionally receives encrypted text messages, many times years apart. The messages have coordinates. When she follows the coordinates, she finds a Skynet Terminator. Sarah then proceeds to kill the Terminator, every time. Every encrypted message is signed “For John.”

Edited by ViewerAnon
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2019 at 11:11 PM, ViewerAnon said:

I try to make outlines of screened films to compare them to the final cut, just to track reshoots and the like. I'm posting this single paragraph from the outline because, as a geek, this woulda intrigued the fuck outta me.

Some spoilers about the current future status quo, but generally I find this bit more intriguing than super spoilery.

Reveal hidden contents

I have a question about visual effects, would be very appreciated if you answer.

Are Sarah, T-800 and John Connor digitally de-aged in the opening or they are just going to show their backs in slow motion without showing their faces? If former, does it look alright vfx-wise?

Edited by Firepower

On 5/30/2019 at 5:09 PM, Elessar said:

Excuse me, can you tell us again how you feel about it? Maybe tomorrow and the day after and the day after the day after tomorrow and...

Hopefully not like this the last 3 shitty ones. Even decent would be nice. Hoping for decent.

34 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Hopefully not like this the last 3 shitty ones. Even decent would be nice. Hoping for decent.

heroichollywood.com reports that "Terminator: Dark Fate" received very positive reactions from a test screening, so there is some hope. 

(heroichollywood.com also reveals some major spoilers, though.)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

If the leaks are real... oof.

Jim was right the first time T1/T2 are what he made, this is a different Jim 30+ years later.

Yeah the leaks... umm... wtf. How involved was he in writing the story? It reads like a quick rough draft. Interestingly people are saying the movie was a lot of fun. Too bad the trailer looks like hot garbage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This series needs to embrace a distant utopian future where AI has taken over. This dystopian nonsense has been played out to a degree that has made the premise tired. Demolition Man is more prophetic at this point. GET WITH THE TIMES, TERMINATOR.

39 minutes ago, Elessar said:

What do you mean? No spoilers, please...

The movie details and plot have allegedly been leaked (Google it if you're curious). Impossible to know if they're accurate but they appear to be substantiated and not fake. I don't care about spoilers (I knew the Titanic was gonna sink, and Avatar had its entire plot in the trailer). Hard to judge the leaks without seeing the movie but they don't make the movie look great, although the leakers themselves said the movie was really solid.

• Like 3

The leaks sound very bold, but also very, very dumb and bad. I'll give the film a chance, but I wouldn't be surprise now if this is going to bomb even harder, and my grade for this film would be 1/10. :( 

Edited by Juby

1 hour ago, Juby said:

The leaks sound very bold, but also very, very dumb and bad. I'll give the film a chance, but I would be surprise now if this is going to bomb even harder, and my grade to this film would be 1/10. :( 

What bothers me is Super Small spoiler

Spoiler

the lack of the original Terminator theme. Though, the film is still a rough cut, so the score can easily change.