grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

39 minutes ago, TServo2049 said:

Yeah, this is nothing new to the Terminator franchise. Tim Miller doesn’t need to posture, and Variety doesn’t need to write a clickbait headline for a general interview article just to get a raise out of people.

Yeah, it comes off like Miller trying to jump on a bandwagon.

Don't see how this helps sell the movie though.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

So, I assume that in the current environment, this is either going to:

- Be the greatest franchise comeback ever.

Or:

- Have a bunch of articles making puns ab nauseum about its self prophetic title.

Is it already getting hypocritical criticism about how it panders to the audience with its female empowerment or am I too early?

Yeah, it comes off like Miller trying to jump on a bandwagon.

Jumping on the bandwagon? It's more like he got hit by the train. Some of the top youtube comments on the trailer:

Spoiler

Terminator 2: Liquid metal. Terminator 6: Gender fluid.

Random person: your not a man, your a machine Terminator: did you just assume my gender?

Ter-Man-Hater

Cyberdyke Systems model LGBT1000

"come with me if you want to be woke"

Hollyweird is like, "If we can't put a woman in the whitehouse, then let's put them in every lead roll in our remakes. "

How dare he respond really? Anyway if anyone feels targeted by this:

Why Mackenzie Davis Will ‘Scare the F— Out of’ Misogynists

they probably have to do some introspection

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

The whole thing seems to be turning into a disaster. 

Why does Tim Miller keep on pissing off fans? He needs to be kept in rein by the studio heads before more damage is done. 

Who cares about these nitwits?  Any folks "upset" by what Miller is saying deserve their angry souls.  They obviously have something else going on inside that prevents them from looking at the world with love and hope. 

By the way, Kev, aren't you in exile?  Why are you still commenting on an industry you have been blacklisted from?  😉

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Alli said:

Paramount is finished

Are you aware that Paramount's investment in this project basically amounts to U.S. distribution and marketing?  Skydance, Tencent, and Lightstorm are co-financing.  And Paramount doesn't control the franchise, which is independently owned and produced...and perhaps now formally back in Cameron's hands.  So Paramount has very little risk, here. 

• Like 1

Hundreds of comments in the youtube trailer making fun of the actors gender. I mean there's literally nothing about "female empowerment" in the trailer but whatever. Then people  get mad when Miller responds, talk shit get hit? 

And it's funny how he just calls out misogynists yet all these people feel targeted somehow? Hello?

• Like 3

I think it's the "pile on" factor.

That the film is going to have a strong women lead is damn clear from the trailer;Miller's comment was a case of forcing it down people throats when they already got the point. Naturally people don't like that.

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think it's the "pile on" factor.

That the film is going to have a strong women lead is damn clear from the trailer;Miller's comment was a case of forcing it down people throats when they already got the point. Naturally people don't like that.

How is he forcing anything down people's throat? He got asked about the hundreds of troll comments and responded. It was 100% provoked.  What was he supposed to say? "Guess you're right guys, shouldn't have cast a woman terminator, and Sarah Connor really should be a dude".  

• Like 1