grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

EW runs an article...

“There’s this new future because of what Sarah did at the end of Terminator 2, and it’s worse than ever,” reveals Miller. “And that gives us the opportunity for these new characters. Gabriel comes from something that is not Skynet, but it’s like Skynet. And Mackenzie comes from something that Kyle Reese and the Resistance did. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elessar said:

“There’s this new future because of what Sarah did at the end of Terminator 2, and it’s worse than ever,” reveals Miller. “And that gives us the opportunity for these new characters. Gabriel comes from something that is not Skynet, but it’s like Skynet. And Mackenzie comes from something that Kyle Reese and the Resistance did. 

I like it

• Like 2

With so many duds in this franchise post T2, I'd kind of given up on this franchise ever being really good again.  It would be great if this one actually hit it out of the park.  Hell, I'd take getting on base so they could build off of this movie.  Every movie since T2 has been a failed reboot attempt.

Maybe this is the one to do it!

• Like 1

EW actually has multiple (short) articles on Dark Fate...

Linda Hamilton on why the post-Terminator 2 films haven’t worked

“I know it’s hard for people to say, ‘Okay, it’s Terminator 6,’ but it really isn’t, and I hope we get that message out,” Miller tells EW in an exclusive chat, revealing his installment will ignore the events of the post-Terminator 2 films. “It’s really a sequel to those first two stories — and it’s not your usual sequel. I think people are going to be surprised in the way that the story continues and it’s a little more back to basics of what Jim [Cameron] did; it’s not trying to compete with the giant Marvel movies…well, it is a little bit. [Laughs] Nobody is going to be disappointed by the action but it really is a return to character.”

Linda Hamilton explains why she's finally back for Terminator: Dark Fate

What can you say about where we pick up with Sarah in Dark Fate? What is her mindset and situation?
HAMILTON: She’s a woman without a country. Her original mission has changed due to circumstances and she really doesn’t have a team anymore, she just has a thirst for vengeance, so that makes her very alone. She’s still a wildcard, but a wildcard without a real true mission is a lot more unpredictable. Basically very hard for her to find her humanity, so once again we get to take a journey on that level, to have some deep things that need to be rediscovered for her survival.

Linda Hamilton on reuniting with Arnold Schwarzenegger for Terminator: Dark Fate

“Oddly, that part felt very natural,” she said of being back with Schwarzenegger. “When I saw him for the first time, I was kind of amazed by how much affection just burst out of me. I was just giddy with delight to see him. We forged a really good friendship and working relationship and it was more fun than ever.”

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Edward Furlong is back ?

Apparently so. To be honest, dunno if that's good or not lol, considering his supposed real life woes. Does he look the part? Can he act? Maybe it helps to get his life back on track, then at least some good has been done. It's probably just a cameo, though, given that he's not even mentioned in the cast. No idea what their plan is with the character of John Connor...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sanderson said:

With so many duds in this franchise post T2, I'd kind of given up on this franchise ever being really good again.  It would be great if this one actually hit it out of the park.  Hell, I'd take getting on base so they could build off of this movie.  Every movie since T2 has been a failed reboot attempt.

Maybe this is the one to do it!

Incorrect

Both T3(rotm) & T4(salvation) are linear extensions of the saga.

Gynesis is the only hard reset and an attempt at a reboot. Recall they even told us it was the first in its own trilogy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Incorrect

Both T3(rotm) & T4(salvation) are linear extensions of the saga.

Gynesis is the only hard reset and an attempt at a reboot. Recall they even told us it was the first in its own trilogy.

Yep, they even bring back Claire Danes' character (the future wife of John Connor) in Salvation.

I keep seeing Jim bigging this up like it’s the first two - but I just don’t see it, or feel it at all.  I really want this to be good. Yet Hamilton aside, there’s nothing about it that looks any better than the movies we’ve had since Judgment Day.  To these eyes anyway.  

I’ll believe him when I see it. Let’s hope he’s not lying this time after his raving over seeing Genisys. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wildphantom said:

I keep seeing Jim bigging this up like it’s the first two - but I just don’t see it, or feel it at all.  I really want this to be good. Yet Hamilton aside, there’s nothing about it that looks any better than the movies we’ve had since Judgment Day.  To these eyes anyway.  

I’ll believe him when I see it. Let’s hope he’s not lying this time after his raving over seeing Genisys. 

It was never going to be on the level of the first 2, but then how few action movies are? Doesn't look amazing but it looks like a fun ride, you know kinda like a Marvel movie...