grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Anyone interesting in the reboot should watch this.

Pretty sure someone in this video he says they spend 3 months or so doing the scripts together, there is already another sequel planned for if it does well.

Edited by IronJimbo

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Anyone interesting in the reboot should watch this.

Pretty sure someone in this video he says they spend 3 months or so doing the scripts together, there is already another sequel planned for if it does well.

They were announcing new trilogy each Terminator movie since Terminator 3 and they were always failing to make it, so I wouldn't fall for that shit again.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 2

Just now, Firepower said:

They were announcing new trilogy each Terminator movie since Terminator 3 and they were always failing, so I wouldn't fall for that shit again.

Yes but Cameron is involved now. Does his magic work these days when he is merely a producer/overseer? Soon Alita will help answer that question.

Not helping the previous attempts at "new trilogies" is that the movies were a mess, who knows how a great Terminator film would perform?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

They were announcing new trilogy each Terminator movie since Terminator 3 and they were always failing to make it, so I wouldn't fall for that shit again.

Cameron's got back the rights, this is very much Cameron's Terminator back in full force.

Let's make the first good Terminator film since T2,and then think about sequels. IMHO too much emphasis on setting up sequels is ruining a lot of movies.

But basically ignoring the last 3 Terminator films is the right move. IMHO they all pretty much sucked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait, this is actually a thing that's happening? FFS

Big news is Cameron has gotten the propery back,is producing, and has already stated that as far he is concerned,  Terminator films 3 through 5 never happened. A big step in the right direction.

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Big news is Cameron has gotten the propery back,is producing, and has already stated that as far he is concerned,  Terminator films 3 through 5 never happened. A big step in the right direction.

Wait, hasn't he said "this is the good one" for the last three movies??

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Wait, hasn't he said "this is the good one" for the last three movies??

I am sure that,though he no longer controlled  the property ,Cameron got a percentage of the profits from the last 3 sequels had something to do with that. You can't expect a guy to slit his own finiancial throat.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

Davis was absolutely great in Always Shine. Also San Junipero (aka BM’s best episode)

did you like her in that one movie with Efron, Killmonger and Miles Teller

2 hours ago, Goffe said:

Davis was absolutely great in Always Shine. Also San Junipero (aka BM’s best episode)

plus I really liked her in the Halt and Catch Fire series so she's been doing well for me for a bunch of projects

51 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I am sure that,though he no longer controlled  the property ,Cameron got a percentage of the profits from the last 3 sequels had something to do with that. You can't expect a guy to slit his own finiancial throat.

Well said, he has important things like saving the earth to do, which he needs money for.

Now that I think of it theres a deep irony to my distain for the new wave of comic book movies, when I'll a fan of a real life superhero.:thinking:

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I like to think he was a little nice in his reviews of the films so he could get the rights back.

Nah.

Not sure what he said about 3.

For 4, he said doing a Terminator movie without Arnie was stupid.

For 5, he was nice but later revealed he only did it because Arnie is a very good friend and friends help each other out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1