Jump to content
grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

T2 returns to cinemas in limited fashion in select theaters few days before Dark Fate opens, at least in some European countries. Just in case someone wants to see it on the big screen...

Sorry, double post.

 

T2 is spectacular in IMAX! Everyone who gets the chance to see it that way should do it. 

 

The restauration is beautiful and while the 3D is not as good as in "Titanic", it is a welcome addition. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alexdube said:

New r-rated trailer tomorrow?

 

 

They sound pretty excited... let's see if it delivers

God I hope so

 

Gotta film a reaction for my YouTube channel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 8:04 AM, firedeep said:

barely anyone is talking about this movie. 1 post in 15 days

A-it looks like bad re-tread of films in the saga already

B-Joker is sucking all the attention out of the room

 

Even when Joker passes I'm not confident enough people really care about Jim's ego and Granny Connor fighting versions of Terminators we've already seen in T3 & Salvation. 

  • Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

A-it looks like bad re-tread of films in the saga already

B-Joker is sucking all the attention out of the room

 

Even when Joker passes I'm not confident enough people really care about Jim's ego and Granny Connor fighting versions of Terminators we've already seen in T3 & Salvation. 

I'm curious to know where this notion that Cameron is some sort of egomaniac comes from. Are people still not over that 98 Oscar speech, or is it some general resentment over people who are successful?

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

I'm curious to know where this notion that Cameron is some sort of egomaniac comes from. Are people still not over that 98 Oscar speech, or is it some general resentment over people who are successful?

Cameron's insistence that this film, Dark Fate, HIS film, is the actual TRUE 3rd Terminator film. 

No Jim, it is not. Rise of the Machines is that film.

Now it is the THIRD James Cameron Terminator film, but it is not the TRUE 3rd film as he has stated.

 

His ego is dismissive that while he was off doing Titanic, Dark Angel(TV) and Avatar the franchise moved on.

I applaud his success, his ego I dislike.

  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As if the previous three Terminator movies are worthy to be defended. It's not like you cannot watch them anymore.

 

It is less ego more a necessity to unclutter the mess and start anew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alexdube said:

I'm curious to know where this notion that Cameron is some sort of egomaniac comes from. Are people still not over that 98 Oscar speech, or is it some general resentment over people who are successful?

People on the internet say he is so it must be true.

 

Maybe they refer to him being a control freak on set? Okay, there's some truth to that but the results speak for themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Cameron's insistence that this film, Dark Fate, HIS film, is the actual TRUE 3rd Terminator film. 

No Jim, it is not. Rise of the Machines is that film.

Now it is the THIRD James Cameron Terminator film, but it is not the TRUE 3rd film as he has stated.

 

His ego is dismissive that while he was off doing Titanic, Dark Angel(TV) and Avatar the franchise moved on.

I applaud his success, his ego I dislike.

then watch this, it wasn't his idea (they talk about in the first 2 minutes): 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can accept that at face value. 

I can also understand wanting to massage the undercarriage of the man in order to win him over. 

 

He admits he was quick to sign on that idea. 

 

My interest is low on this because unlike Tim, or even Jim, the character arc for these characters was satisfactory for me thru Salvation. My let down is in not completing the arc thru Future War with a final film sending Kyle back. 

I'm just not keen on yet another attempt to stop Skynet. That story is more one note than 3 or 4 Batman origin films.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

That story is more one note than 3 or 4 Batman origin films.

that's such a double standard that is impossible for me to comprehend

"superhero movies can reboot as much as they want but for Terminator it's a crime or not interesting!" 

it's such bs

Besides, Cameron created the damn thing, the only reason they were allowed to continue without him and mess up the thing is because he sold the rights (for 1$) when he made the first one. That's the deal he had to make if he wanted to direct it, he was a nobody at the time and had to make sacrifices. So I don't see a single issue in taking it back where he left it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

My interest is low on this because unlike Tim, or even Jim, the character arc for these characters was satisfactory for me thru Salvation. My let down is in not completing the arc thru Future War with a final film sending Kyle back. 

I agree insofar as if i had the choice between a story about a terminator yet again sent back in time to change the future or a future war movie i would have chosen the latter.

 

I do not agree about the satisfactory part. There was very little that was satisfactory about T3 and T:S was kinda okay-ish to some extent but ultimately, i can live without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, look what i found...

 

It might be the stuff we presumably get later today, just in russian:

 

 

Not sure if it'll be taken down. I stopped watching halfway through, too spoilery. Don't like seeing whole scenes beforehand, want to experience that in the theater.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.