grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

26 minutes ago, Halba said:

looks like tripe CGI garbage..

Definitely. Still seeing it opening day, lol. If there's at least the chance of a couple of good action scenes, I always go to the cinema for big cg fests. I mean, with my cineworld card, it's a free viewing anyway, so why not?

I hope Terminator can be good again.  It's just that after a few years of no more reboots, with the exception of a few early-era one-offs, I've never seen the series come out with another reboot of the same kind.  It seems too much like a repeat of a certain thing that made bad.  It made me angry.
In the past couple of years, I haven't been getting the best Terminator movies anymore.  I never really loved the movies: they were too much of the same things over and over and over... so I guess my problem was that they made me tired.

Lol, if it were any other movie with that CGI @IronJimbo and Co.would be all over it.

Even with Linda, Arnold and James involved this doesnt feel like it's anything close to the original Terminator films. They needed to make it look as practical as possible to at least try to match the feel of the originals.

13 hours ago, Zatt was right said:

The fact that I’m more interested of buying MKXI’s Terminator’s DLC (a game I haven’t even finished yet) than anything related to this film it’s telling. And I love Tim Miller and James Cameron, but so far... ew.

That's funny coming from a Marvel superfan,  I guess now you understand what Martin Scorsese feels like watching a Marvel movie

I wonder if you had the same reaction to something like Captain Marvel which looked super flat and generic. You probably had your Marvel goggles on and praised it

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

Lol, if it were any other movie with that CGI @IronJimbo and Co.would be all over it.

Even with Linda, Arnold and James involved this doesnt feel like it's anything close to the original Terminator films. They needed to make it look as practical as possible to at least try to match the feel of the originals.

That's the hard reality of any Terminator sequels, you get to be compared to action movie classics such as T1 and T2, while something like Marvel movies get to be compared to... other Marvel movies.

As for me I'm looking forward to it for a few reason:

- Love Junkie XL and want to hear his take on the theme, I think he's a perfect fit for this.

- While Tim Miller may be relying too much on CG and slow-mo, Deadpool has shown me he can still direct a good action scene.

-Linda returning

-Cameron returning and I want to see where they are taking it

I don't expect the next action / sci-fi classic, but it doesn't look like a bad 2 hours at a movie theater, and certainly doesn't look any worst than typical superhero fare.

Edited by Alexdube
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

Maybe the problem is that the whole idea behind the Terminator movies is good for a couple of movies but after that you are just recycling the first couple of movies.

Halloween still managed to open to $75m+ just last year despite the exact same problem though.