grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

6 hours ago, teard1972 said:

Terminator 2 is in the Japan All time top 40, and #1 in 1991, seriously big deal at the time. T3 isn't just bigger than Endgame, it's bigger than any cbm. always wonder had Arnold made T3 a few years earlier, it could probably make more than T2 in Japan. 

Uh, if Japan is like the US ticket prices have more then doubled since 1991...……….

10 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

Hamilton and Schwarzenegger's last scene together, and how it mines their legacies, justifies this movie's existence.

Oct 22, 2019 | Rating: 3/5 | Full Review…

David Crow

Den of Geek

The film currently has a 63% RT with 19 reviews. I have no idea how or why.

His review sounds reasonably positive to me. Is he saying that a 63% is too high or too low?

Just now, WittyUsername said:

His review sounds reasonably positive to me. Is he saying that a 63% is too high or too low?

I'm the one that said that about the 63%; I was just providing an example of a positive review and expressing my surprise. I was expecting a lower RT based on the twitter reactions. Hopefully it maintains a fresh rating if it actually deserves one.

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Gemini Man, Terminator and Sonic but no Irishman. What gives chief Gianopulos?

The Irishman might not have done that great at the box office, but at least it would have brough a lot of prestige to paramount and give them a reputation as "talent friendly" an advantage in signing big names. 

Not sure that Terminator is going to bomb, but Gemini man is a flop and SOnic looks like an embarrassment. With Irishman you would have at least gotten a lot of prestige and, if it manages to get a BP Oscar, might actually get your money back.

Just now, dudalb said:

The Irishman might not have done that great at the box office, but at least it would have brough a lot of prestige to paramount and give them a reputation as "talent friendly" an advantage in signing big names. 

Not sure that Terminator is going to bomb, but Gemini man is a flop and SOnic looks like an embarrassment. With Irishman you would have at least gotten a lot of prestige and, if it manages to get a BP Oscar, might actually get your money back.

There's also precedent for a prestige film to do fairly well at the domestic box office due to Once Upon a Time in HollywoodThe Irishman absolutely could've been a hit like that film was. Of course, Paramount had no way of predicting OUaTiH would make four times its budget.

I think this movie needed rave reviews and over 90% on Rotten Tomatoes to really boost interest and guarantee a good box office run. But at least is fresh, hope it goes up to around 70% or even get that certified fresh with over 75%. It can still have great word of mouth.