grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

Just now, dudalb said:

Gives new life to the idea that the whole main idea of the Terminator had 2 really good films in it, but go beyond you are just recylcling what had already been done.

I guess this film's gross is going to be very telling. The question is being raised: do audiences actually want more Terminator at this point?

The critics went easy on T3 for whatever reason. I don't even dislike T3 but it is nothing but another T2 rehash with less exciting action, a far lamer villian and a severely miscast lead. I have no trouble believing that Dark Fate is a so-so film that is still a huge step up from the embarrassing, miscast and poorly directed disaster that was Genisys. 

• Like 3

Also, what a bunch of dick heads these reviewers/trades are who spoil major twists.

James Cameron and team should have requested these folks to avoid spoiling twists in the reviews like Hrithik and Tiger did for their movie WAR recently. 

If this was a marvel movie, these folks wouldn't have dared to spoil anything. Just a bunch of useless persons these critic community are.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Also, what a bunch of dick heads these reviewers/trades are who spoil major twists.

James Cameron and team should have requested these folks to avoid spoiling twists in the reviews like Hrithik and Tiger did for their movie WAR recently. 

If this was a marvel movie, these folks wouldn't have dared to spoil anything. Just a bunch of useless persons these critic community are.

Have to agree here. After the Joker stuff I just have no use for critics. At all. The only reason I check RT every now and then is because unfortunately it's very relevant to box office in some cases.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I never take early reviews/early word to heart anymore. I remember what happened with The Predator. Supposedly it's early reviews were solid. Talk to me when we get 100-150 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes and it's still above 60 percent. Reviews don't always matter but in Dark Fate's case I think they will.

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

exactly

The critics can be idiotic when they work themselves up into a dumb frenzy (see the reaction to Joker for details) but I've already decided that if Dark Fate didn't get strong reviews then I wasn't seeing it and I'm sticking to that. This film doesn't get the benefit of the doubt after Salvation and especially Genisys.

• Like 1