grim22

Terminator: Dark Fate | Nov 1 2019 | Estimated to lose 122.6M

3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Genisys had a better lead and more importantly a better dynamic for the main cast, while Dark Fate looks more like a real Terminator movie. The problem they share is a nonsensical and convoluted plot, and maybe there is no way to solve this problem for a sequel set after T2.

The Ramos girl wasn't even the lead as i recall. Anyway, can't understand how anyone can prefer that wannabe Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese, i favor the original and especially Mackenzie Davis acted circles around anyone in Genisys.

As for the plot, Dark Fate's actually was very straightforward.

The solution to all this is the future war movie that Cameron doesn't muster any enthusiasm for, unfortunately.

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

This discussion is pointless. You're arguing which poop smells better. The correct answer: Both stinks! Genisys is more MCU-wanna-be, kids-friendly 10s' blockbuster than a "Terminator movie", and Dark Fate is just stupid, boring, unnecessary sequel which trashes beautiful T2 ending and all the stakes from T1 and T2. These are two awful Terminator movies.

All in all, Genisys at least not tried to be "a true Terminator 3" (LOL) and was better sci-fi, so in my opinion it's smaller evil.

Edited by Juby

Finally watched this. As an action movie it was enjoyable with some really cool sequences. The plot however was just a lazy attempt at a reboot. The future stuff looked the most intriguing and I always thought they should do a war movie but Salvation botched that for everyone. Oh well R.I.P franchise.

Salvation was highly enjoyable vs Genysis. I'll see this DF soon enough but I don't wholly like what I hear.

Salvation falls into that camp of IJ:KotCS and SW:LJ where the haters clearly saw a different movie than I did. A few script or directorial choices aside none of these deserve the hate they get. 

No, if you wanted Future War films Terminator fans you should've seen Salvation. Shit, Bale as John Connor finally being THE promised Resistance Leader the saga has foretold for the next film after proving himself here but no, you threw all that away "fans". 

Not to mention Anton Yeltin...oh, what could've been.

Edited by Captain Craig

21 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Salvation was highly enjoyable vs Genysis. I'll see this DF soon enough but I don't wholly like what I hear.

Salvation falls into that camp of IJ:KotCS and SW:LJ where the haters clearly saw a different movie than I did. A few script or directorial choices aside none of these deserve the hate they get. 

No, if you wanted Future War films Terminator fans you should've seen Salvation. Shit, Bale as John Connor finally being THE promised Resistance Leader the saga has foretold for the next film after proving himself here but no, you threw all that away "fans". 

Not to mention Anton Yeltin...oh, what could've been.

Christian Bale's leaked rant was more entertaining than the movie. The guy should have been the real hero we needed and punched him in the face

Edited by Ninenin

An open world survival game set during the future war could be something i could get into but i don't have much faith in the project due to the dev studio involved. But what i would really go nuts over is a big budget narrative-driven action adventure. Sadly, that will never happen it seems. I remember playing the Future Shock Terminator game from Bethesda all those years ago which was pretty decent for its time.

I think Cameron is wise in not wanting to go the future war route, now that he has control back.

And I am no Cameron fanboy.

I think the reasons are

A. Post Apocalypse action films and TV shows are a dime a dozen, and unless you can come up with something really unique you got a problem with cliched material

B. I thinkCameron thinks  the Terminator in the current rf very near future world is at the heart of the Franchise, and unless he can come up with a new twist on that, he will let the franchise rest as far as movies go.