Plain Old Tele

Tele's Year in Movies - 2016 | Top Ten is Up! (pg 4) | It's Finished, It's Done

19 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

There's something to be said about an unobtrusive score that lets a scene speak for itself, but I agree with your point here.

No music in these shots:

Spoiler

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-9294.jpg

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-9512.jpg

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-10392.jpg

And they pulled the movie together, you know?

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

No music in these shots:

Hide contents

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-9294.jpg

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-9512.jpg

zootopia-disneyscreencaps.com-10392.jpg

And they're just what really pulled the movie together, you know?

The apology scenes are just too brillant on their own. ;) Kind of weird how the train derailment doesn't have score, though

• Like 2

I'm really new to this whole movies thing. Most years of my life I've seen like one to two movies in theatres, and not much more than that at home. Never looked into much detail about how movies are made. Never paid much attention during awards season either, at best I'd have some awareness of the Best Picture and Best Animated Feature nominees/winner. So when awards season rolled around this year, I realized I didn't actually know what excellence in a lot of categories meant, including Best Editing. I did Google it to find out the basics of what editing is (and other categories), but that's not the same as actually having an ability to intuitively distinguish the good from the not-so-good.

Not kidding, watching Tele's montage was my first "oh, that's really good" editing moment - loved how he grabbed shots from completely different films and made them flow together.

As for Zootopia, it being in the 15-20 range from any of the animation fans here would make me (very) sad, but from Tele it's a bonus.

Edited by Jason
  • Like 3

La La Land:rofl:

Secret Life of Pets and IDR are also among my worst five of the year. Granted, I generally try not to watch movies I don't think I'll like, which is why I haven't seen Angry Birds or Passengers.

I would consider watching Angry Birds for the sake of completion (of animated 2016 films), but it's only available to buy, not rent. :huh:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

La La Land:rofl:

Secret Life of Pets and IDR are also among my worst five of the year. Granted, I generally try not to watch movies I don't think I'll like, which is why I haven't seen Angry Birds or Passengers.

I would consider watching Angry Birds for the sake of completion (of animated 2016 films), but it's only available to buy, not rent. :huh:

Unless I'm bored and have a lot of free time, I'm the same. I'm sure there are plenty of worse movies, I just didn't see them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I had no idea you hated Bourne that much

I don't really hate it, I just was actively bored and disinterested while I watched it, and when I sorted my overall list based on the grades I had given, it just ended up in my bottom 5. This year, for some reason there were very few movies I hated. Almost all of them I gave at least a middling grade.

• Like 1