Plain Old Tele

Tele's Year in Movies - 2016 | Top Ten is Up! (pg 4) | It's Finished, It's Done

I have to respectfully disagree about passengers and I am an Independence Day freak so have to disagree there too, but I saw pets as just ok, didn't even see the others because they looked bad or weren't my type of movie.

And thanks @Telemachos for not putting La La Land in your top 5 worst movies.

• Like 2

If you haven't seen massive numbers of wide release films in a year meaning that you miss out of the 50 shade of Blacks, and so forth, but also have a kid meaning that you watch all the animations in a year, I can see how SLOP can find its way into a bottom 5.

What it definitely means is that poor Tele Jr. was not treated to a trip to see Norm of the North last year :(

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Love these montages! (Although sorry Tele, Angry Birds is MUCH MUCH worse than Secret Life of Pets)

(and also I accept your La La apology)

Crap. There's a part of me getting morbidly curious about Angry Birds now. And I just realized even though I can't rent it on Google Play, I can rent it from Cineplex.

But I probably shouldn't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Crap. There's a part of me getting morbidly curious about Angry Birds now. And I just realized even though I can't rent it on Google Play, I can rent it from Cineplex.

But I probably shouldn't.

I've heard that it's basically the square root of Zootopia.

Edited by cannastop

ANGRY BIRDS is basically what happens when you take a game with only the barest hint of a narrative plot and design a bunch of absurdity around your voice talent while trying to come up with enough story to fit into 90 minutes. Weirdly large chunks of it deal with Red's anger issues, going to anger management therapy sessions, how Red fits in with the rest of the bird village, etc. When, almost reluctantly, the movie actually gets around to the war of the birds and pigs, it's amusingly insane in fits and spurts. But there's an awful lot of heavy lifting involved, with lots of loud sounds and silly violence every half minute.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I've heard that it's basically the square root of Zootopia.

I am still trying to figure out what this means. Not sure how this works for a movie, but I feel like something that when squared results in Zootopia still ought to be good.

22 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

ANGRY BIRDS is basically what happens when you take a game with only the barest hint of a narrative plot and design a bunch of absurdity around your voice talent while trying to come up with enough story to fit into 90 minutes. Weirdly large chunks of it deal with Red's anger issues, going to anger management therapy sessions, how Red fits in with the rest of the bird village, etc. When, almost reluctantly, the movie actually gets around to the war of the birds and pigs, it's amusingly insane in fits and spurts. But there's an awful lot of heavy lifting involved, with lots of loud sounds and silly violence every half minute.

This is actually very helpful. Morbid curiosity abated, I'll pass on it without regret.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I am still trying to figure out what this means. Not sure how this works for a movie, but I feel like something that when squared results in Zootopia still ought to be good.

This is actually very helpful. Morbid curiosity abated, I'll pass on it without regret.

I was trying to say that some people interpret this movie as having the opposite moral of Zootopia...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chasmmi said:

Angry Birds is still the second best video game film of the year though

Given that the others are Ratchet & Clank, Warcraft, and Assassin's Creed, I feel like that's an unconscionably low bar. :lol:

• Like 2

On 1/23/2017 at 3:37 PM, cannastop said:

He did nothing for Zootopia. No score might have been better. :ph34r:

Honestly, I thought his score for Zootopia was perfectly serviceable. It didn't detract or somehow make the movie a tiny bit better for me. 

• Like 2