kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

35 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

All the best stuff came from Dikto.  The film itself was a bit stiff and charmless outside of the visuals and the excellent work of Tilda.  Cumberbatch is fine playing an largely unappealing character it but he does better work in AIW and Strange's magic is used in visually more interesting ways.

Nothing in Derrickon's past indicates he'd make a much better film if let on his own.   He's had 4 years to present a knock it out of the park presentation, concept or script that would convince Feige to give him more his own way as he's done for numerous directors..  He's also probably 3 years already knowing Wanda and the Multi Verse would be a part of it  - which makes the sequel a far more interesting concept than the first or any horror heavy sequel.

Except for all the stuff Derrickson inserted in Doctor Strange? I really don't care if Strange's magic looked cool (Strange's magic did look cooler in his solo movie than AIW) or whatever but I do care about what the movie was trying to say and I found Derrickson's personal thoughts on death (like the movie even explains this to the audience) and failure to be something that came from him and not Ditko. And you find the very thing that probably limits this film from taking risks the most interesting concept? A fully blown horror spectacle would have been a lot more fun than Wanda and Vision appearing in the movie.

Also, two directors isn't numerous and I thought GOTG 2 didn't knock it out of the park according to people on this forum and the rest of the internet (I disagree wutg them) and Gunn clearly had more control over that film than GOTG 1 but Derrickson had to knock it out of the park for him to get more control? I'm pretty sure its because Derrickson probably wanted the movie to be more horror than Marvel.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Honestly, great news..? Not sure why you guys are reacting badly?

Scott Derrickson is a talentless hack and the first Doctor Strange sucked. So now they might hire an actual good director. Depends on who they hire but this is a good thing.

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ooh quite a shift in opinion compared to this forum when Dr Strange came out. 

Interesting. 

Bet it won’t be a “horror” after all now. 

It was never going to be a horror film

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Indeed. But it was going to be a “horror,” and presumably still will be.

anyone who seriously thought this was gonna be some kind of sub-horror MCU film was delusional. 

even Kevin Feige said before that the media had taken the word "horror" out of context for the film. He said it will have "elements" of scary stuff and he compared it to Indiana Jones.

Much as i love Indiana Jones, you horror nerds would probably agree that it is not a horror film.

• Like 1

Just now, Avatree said:

even Kevin Feige said before that the media had taken the word "horror" out of context for the film. He said it will have "elements" of scary stuff and he compared it to Indiana Jones

I don't think anyone here is arguing that the movie was supposed to be a horror film. People are saying that Derrickson wanted it to be a horror film.

22 minutes ago, Avatree said:

anyone who seriously thought this was gonna be some kind of sub-horror MCU film was delusional. 

even Kevin Feige said before that the media had taken the word "horror" out of context for the film. He said it will have "elements" of scary stuff and he compared it to Indiana Jones.

Much as i love Indiana Jones, you horror nerds would probably agree that it is not a horror film.

I’m just going by what I seen when it was announced, that’s all. 

I’ll probably never watch it anyway lol

People just need a excuse to take shots at Marvel. 

Nothing to worry about. 

When you are successful and most of the critics and audience like your movie. 

Some people will become vindictive. 

'Marvel is formulaic' 

'Marvel doesn't care about director' 

'Marvel is cookie cutter' 

'Marvel is not woke enough' 

'Marvel is too woke' 

'Marvel is killing Cinema' 

'Marvel is factory, they don't care about anything else' 

If you have so many problems with MCU then stop commenting. But you will not.

Why? Because you feel very good in highlighting the smallest mistake MCU makes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

First movie was fuckin terrible. I still can't believe it sits pretty with over 90% on RT. So change of director is a welcome news. 

I don't like Strange himself except in small doses like in IW and EG. So whoever takes reigns better make him more watchable/likable. 

In short, good news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

The first movie was just OK outside of the visuals and easily the weakest of Phase 3. So I don't really care that Derrickson has left. 

Strange was better in Ragnarok and IW than his own movies anyways. 

I thought Dr Strange was better than ThoRag.

I mean, they both suffered from horrendous 3rd acts, but that's just par for the course for these types of movies.

But in general, I thought DS was a more enjoyable and better thought out movie, first half anyway.