kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Except in that time WandaVision moved up several months, and since it sounds like the other Marvel shows also moved up significantly (Ms Marvel was going to film in September and now it's filming in April), so if the schedule moved up the amount of inclusion might have gotten larger, especially since Feige also said Loki is tied to it (which, assuming it now gets WandaVision's old spot, would now come out before Strange).

WandaVision was always coming before Strange though and a big thing was made out of her inclusion and the tie in to the series.  

Loki is moved up but his series was always about the Multiverse since it's tied right into AEG which filmed those Loki escaping with the tesserect in the Tower scenes back in 2017/2018.   Hard to believe that all these tie ins weren't hashed out and discussed in a significant way before recently.  

That and they had a new script writer on Strange back in October indicates they weren't satisfied with the script Derrickson had.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

When the film was announced Feige said Wanda would be a big part of it.  It was also when then series WandaVision was announced.  So, I'm not sure how Derrikson could be blindsided by the inclusion of the series or those characters.

At least that counters the argument that "Derrickson had 5 years to write a sequel and he says it was too short, what a hack". Hard to keep his plot if Feige drops random Disney+ characters into his movie a few months before production.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

At least that counters the argument that "Derrickson had 5 years to write a sequel and he says it was too short, what a hack". Hard to keep his plot if Feige drops random Disney+ characters into his movie a few months before production.

That is a fair point, although it does raise the question of why it took until just a couple of days ago for Derrickson to drop out of the thing. 

25 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Random - like Wanda, Vision and Loki?  

This stuff was being plotted out when AIW and AEG were being written and in production - that's at least 2-3 years ago.  Hiddleston found out he was going to have the Loki series 6 weeks before he went out doing interviews for AIW and had to pretend after he was sad it was the end of Loki.

In the comics Strange was one of Wanda's mentors.  People were wondering if she was going to be in the first movie.

It's also right there in the title - MULTIVERSE.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I really doubt Derrickson was blindsided by anything regarding this film. They announced these connections back in July implying it's been in the works far before. If he was unhappy with having to incorporate those shows then I'm sure we would have heard of his departure before the end of last year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sinister and The Exorcism of Emily Rose are pretty good movies though and the former is espescially cleverly written. I haven't seen Hellraiser Inferno but I enjoyed the first two so I don't see why Inferno would be fun too. The Day the Earth Stood still was bad though but I don't see how just that movie makes him a bad director.

You're correct about one thing, you haven't seen Hellraiser Inferno.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 9:53 AM, Zakiyyah6 said:

Scott Derrickson is a smug, pretentious third-rate horror director. He is the exact opposite of a visionary. I am ecstatic that he was given the axe or was unhappy enough to leave. I didn't want to talk about it before but I really do not like Scott Derrickson. His filmography is bad. Strange was a good movie because he got lucky and because of Kevin Feige. I hope the next director is a little more interesting.

That is rougher then I would say,since I enjoyed  his horror films, but I agree his elevation to cinematic genius was was overblown and way too fast.

He made some entertaining  horror movies, but none screamed "visionary genius" to me.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

I love DS tbh. That film was awesome but I also love Strange of Taika & IW more.

That said, I don't really bother about director as the most important thing is story and screenplay imo which are largely influenced by Kevin Fiege and as long as he isn't 'too busy' for MCU, it's all good.

Keep calm and trust Papa Fiege.

• Like 5