kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

He won’t do it but I feel like Rian Johnson would work well here. 

I’m trying to think of someone who could handle this kind of film, in terms of scale and getting the most out of these particular characters. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 2
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Related image

The first Dr. Strange is one of the worst films in the entire MCU. Having a new director can help make this one a lot better. Good job Marvel

Generally speaking, I don’t think it really matters who is directing a Marvel movie. Outside of Taika Waititi and James Gunn, most Marvel directors don’t really seem like they have much of a creative thumbprint for their films. 

• Like 5
  • Knock It Off 1

Why doesn't Feige just make his damn directing debut here?  He lords over all of this material anyway... (not begrudging his success, just curious... wonder if the dude will ever make the leap to directing?) 

He sure seems more invested in this character and sequel than most others are...

Edited by Macleod

18 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Travis Knight is available 

Actually, love this. Knight has done great work with Laika as he has some horror film experience, and Bumblebee had a lot of heart so yes.

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Generally speaking, I don’t think it really matters who is directing a Marvel movie. Outside of Taika Waititi and James Gunn, most Marvel directors don’t really seem like they have much of a creative thumbprint for their films. 

I agree but add Coogler in the mix, he has talent and was able to bring his voice in with Black Panther.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Anyways not too broken up about this, Strange was one of the weaker Phase 3 film, though I was intrigued by Derrickson’s pitch as he wanted to use Nightmare, which could’ve allowed some trippy stuff. I’m guessing Fiege wanted something more along the lines of multiverse stuff as Derrickson wanted to do more horror.