kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS | 05.06.2022 | Disney | 4th Most Profitable Movie of 2022

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think (and this is totally anecdotal I admit) that DS's reception seems worse online than it actually is because the movie doesn't have that big a group who absolutely love it and it's one of their favorite MCU films in the same way the MCU Spidey films or GOTG2 do. But the majority of people liked it just fine and it doesn't have as many intense haters as those films either.

thats exactly what it is in general, online reception for movies, is either better or worse than the actual reception if that makes sense

Edited by john2000

10 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I think people were happier with it before phase 3 caught fire in 2017-2019. 

And that the Dr. Strange in "Regnarok" and "Infinity Wars" was so much more interesting then in the Dr. Strange film.

That was the problem I had;as along time Dr Strange fan (just blew 80 bucks last year on a hardcover deluxe edition of the original Steve Ditko run)

it was not so much I disliked what I saw (except for the waste of time and not interesting Rachael McAdams subplot)  but that it fell short of what it could have been.

• Like 1

It was well received because it was one of 

those movies  where reviews talk about how rushed and generic the movie is but in the end go “but it was fun I guess. So thumbs up” . The movie is so forgettable though that my brother claims he never saw it even though I know for a fact he did 

Edited by John Marston

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

With all these overnight fans of auteur film makings that Derrickson gathered, maybe we’ll be lucky enough to get to see the exclusive #releasethederricksonscut movement. Will be a first for MCU.

ooh I cannot wait to see planes flying banners over comic con and D23 and for the cast to tweet about it once and then never talk about it ever again!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If Derrickson left over creative differences, what makes you think that Disney or Fiege would work well with Aster?

If you direct a Marvel movie for Kevin, it is like you would automatically get a certified fresh 90% RT (both audience and critic score) movie for free on your resume. Who would say no to that? Ari Aster still needs to prove that his movies can resonate with the general audience. Otherwise, studios could not keep throwing money at him forever. 

I hope this isn't too big of a crossover. I realize the title is a dead giveaway and lends itself to a crossover but I think there's enough in the world of Doctor Strange that we don't need to touch on too many other areas or characters of the MCU.

6 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I think people were happier with it before phase 3 caught fire in 2017-2019. 

r/movies dislikes Captain Marvel and Ant-Man 2 even more tho. GOTG 2 is divisive and Black Panther also gets a crapton of "it was good but overrated" comments. The only solo movies I think they really liked after Dr Strange are the two Spider-man movies and Ragnarok.

Edited by lorddemaxus

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

r/movies dislikes Captain Marvel and Ant-Man 2 even more tho. GOTG 2 is divisive and Black Panther also gets a crapton of "it was good but overrated" comments. The only solo movies I think they really liked after Dr Strange are the two Spider-man movies and Ragnarok.

If any Marvel franchise could use a new director it's Ant-Man. in my opinion. Nothing personal against Peyton Reed but his follow-up to Ant-Man really wasn't that great. The first one was a solid introduction to the character and his world. It didn't need to be world beating. I think now the character needs a new director with a new voice to lift up the material.

8 hours ago, Macleod said:

Far be it from me to critique Marvel Studios and Feige based on their relatively historic success, but with a movie title like this one has, it can only really go one of two ways: It will either be a brilliant visionary endeavor that pushes forward the genre (unlikely, but anything's possible), or a schlocky Hammer-esque homage to classic technicolor nightmare/"horror" with wacky performances and bad scripting.  (I love Hammer Films...but they weren't known for their scripts.)

Thus...yeah, a director doesn't really matter.  I'm sure Feige's "vision" for this is all laid out.  The title tells you everything. 

Wouldn't be surprised to hear Travis Knight signed on in a matter of days (hours?). 

Not even a whisper of Chewitel Ejiofor returning, either...which is an immediate check against it, for me. 

I read that Chiwetel Ejiofor is directing his first movie so it seems that he may only have time to make a brief appearance.

Truthfully, I could do without Rachel McAdams returning, not because of Rachel, but there’s really nowhere for that character to go.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

If you see Scott tweet you will notice that it was more about deadline than horror movie. 

Scott was given 5 years to come up with sequel. Writer was also changed. It's very clear Scott wanted his mate to write the movie but Feige took control. 

Sometimes, directors become too cocky. I don't like this kind of behaviour. 

Feige is one of the most important creative head working in Hollywood and I have never seen him bad mouthing others. 

Hollywood elites need to learn some manners. 

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Scott Derrickson isnt a Hollywood elite though. Kevin Feige is.

Agree. 

I was talking about the shades that Scott is giving on twitter. 

He is acting like he is everything for Marvel Studios. 

If you read his past tweet, you will notice he wasn't able to meet deadline. Last month he tweeted many things about Disney. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

If you direct a Marvel movie for Kevin, it is like you would automatically get a certified fresh 90% RT (both audience and critic score) movie for free on your resume. Who would say no to that? Ari Aster still needs to prove that his movies can resonate with the general audience. Otherwise, studios could not keep throwing money at him forever. 

Aster wouldn’t fit in the Disney/Marvel mold at all. Unless they make it R rated, which we know won’t happen.

I find it funny that Derrickson left because of "creative differences" but people keep picking horror and more obscure directors. Most choices people are throwing around are gonna create larger differences. The only choice I think that works is Travis Knight. Not a big fan of his work but he probably fits within the MCU group of directors.

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I find it funny that Derrickson left because of "creative differences" but people keep picking horror and more obscure directors. Most choices people are throwing around are gonna create larger differences. The only choice I think that works is Travis Knight. Not a big fan of his work but he probably fits within the MCU group of directors.

creative differences can mean a ton of things, idk why people think that the tone was the problem

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, john2000 said:

creative differences can mean a ton of things, idk why people think that the tone was the problem

So you think that if Ari Aster became the director like people were suggesting, there would be less conflicts than there was now regardless of what the conflicts were? 

• Like 1