Jump to content
kayumanggi

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness | March 25, 2022 | Disney | Scott Derrickson Drops Out; Return of the King (Raimi)?

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

So you think that if Ari Aster became the director like people were suggesting, there would be less conflicts than there was now regardless of what the conflicts were? 

i was speaking in general 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

I find it funny that Derrickson left because of "creative differences" but people keep picking horror and more obscure directors. Most choices people are throwing around are gonna create larger differences. The only choice I think that works is Travis Knight. Not a big fan of his work but he probably fits within the MCU group of directors.

"Creative differences" is Hollywood-speak for all kinds of things.  Sometimes literally, sometimes scheduling, sometimes "it's complicated."  But yeah, Warner Bros. has hired horror directors for its last few DC projects, so...there's clearly something else specific to the Derrickson/Feige relationship that isn't gelling...it's beyond just the possible horror/spectacle difference. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

So you think that if Ari Aster became the director like people were suggesting, there would be less conflicts than there was now regardless of what the conflicts were? 

if he agrees to do what Feige wants then yeah. though I doubt he would wanna do a Marvel movie unless he gives in for financial reasons.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 7:13 AM, stephanos13 said:

You can't move away from the MCU formula. This getting frustating.

Said about the most cookie cutter and visionless director they still had on their books, that's hilarious. The sudden and disingenuous love for Derrickson who was shat on for the last five years til he got booted is cracking me up.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ithil said:

Said about the most cookie cutter and visionless director they still had on their books, that's hilarious. The sudden and disingenuous love for Derrickson who was shat on for the last five years til he got booted is cracking me up.

Derrickson had a much more unique vision than most MCU directors though. I would put him below Whedon, Coogler, Gunn, Waitti, and the Russos in terms of vision I guess but he's above the other directors.

  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Agree. 

I was talking about the shades that Scott is giving on twitter. 

He is acting like he is everything for Marvel Studios. 

If you read his past tweet, you will notice he wasn't able to meet deadline. Last month he tweeted many things about Disney. 

If you'd ever listened to his commentary for DS, or interviews with him in general, he has a massively over-inflated sense of his own skill and worth. He certainly portrays himself as some sort of auteur. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Derrickson had a much more unique vision than most MCU directors though. I would put him below Whedon, Coogler, Gunn, Waitti, and the Russos in terms of vision I guess but he's above the other directors.

You just named most of the current MCU directors.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Derrickson had a much more unique vision than most MCU directors though. I would put him below Whedon, Coogler, Gunn, Waitti, and the Russos in terms of vision I guess but he's above the other directors.

Those guys directed 9 of the last 14 non-Derrickson movies...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Derrickson had a much more unique vision than most MCU directors though. I would put him below Whedon, Coogler, Gunn, Waitti, and the Russos in terms of vision I guess but he's above the other directors.

Idk I would probably also put him below Watts, Favreau, Branagh, and maybe Johnston, about on par with Peyton Reed, and above the rest. I agree he did have interesting things to say about death which could put him higher but I don't think that came through strongly in the film.

Edit: also Black is probably above him

Edited by Menor
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Derrickson is a smug, pretentious third-rate horror director. He is the exact opposite of a visionary. I am ecstatic that he was given the axe or was unhappy enough to leave. I didn't want to talk about it before but I really do not like Scott Derrickson. His filmography is bad. Strange was a good movie because he got lucky and because of Kevin Feige. I hope the next director is a little more interesting.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Scott Derrickson is a smug, pretentious third-rate horror director. He is the exact opposite of a visionary. I am ecstatic that he was given the axe or was unhappy enough to leave. I didn't want to talk about it before but I really do not like Scott Derrickson. His filmography is bad. Strange was a good movie because he got lucky and because of Kevin Feige. I hope the next director is a little more interesting.

100% apt. He is actually worse than Ana Boden and Ryan Fleck. 

I noticed that personal interaction scene in Captain Marvel were very well done. 

Captain Marvel action and story was weak but all the personal moments  were great. 

 

Dr. Strange had only one good scene the interaction between Strange and Ancient one when she dies. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you watch CM you will notice many moments where the Carol Danvers is very relatable. 

For me personally :

Carol Danvers >> Stephen Strange 

Captain Marvel <Doctor Strange 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Those guys directed 9 of the last 14 non-Derrickson movies...

I mean 4 of those were directed by the Russos though. The other 4 directors only directed 5 of the last 14.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Scott Derrickson is a smug, pretentious third-rate horror director. He is the exact opposite of a visionary. I am ecstatic that he was giving the axe or was unhappy enough to leave. I didn't want to talk about it before but I really do not like Scott Derrickson. His filmography is bad. Strange was a good movie because he got lucky and because of Kevin Feige. I hope the next director is a little more interesting.

Sinister and The Exorcism of Emily Rose are pretty good movies though and the former is espescially cleverly written. I haven't seen Hellraiser Inferno but I enjoyed the first two so I don't see why Inferno would be fun too. The Day the Earth Stood still was bad though but I don't see how just that movie makes him a bad director.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

100% apt. He is actually worse than Ana Boden and Ryan Fleck. 

I noticed that personal interaction scene in Captain Marvel were very well done. 

Captain Marvel action and story was weak but all the personal moments  were great. 

 

Dr. Strange had only one good scene the interaction between Strange and Ancient one when she dies. 

 

I don't know about only one good personal interaction in DS but I agree the character interactions in CM were far stronger. In fact I thought Strange's character development was weird in general in DS, he got powerful really quickly without much struggle.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

My guess: Disney changed up the story to tie more to Loki/WandaVision, and Derrickson wasn't interested. If that's the case, a big potential director could be Matt Shakman, WandaVision's director.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

 

If that's the case, a big potential director could be Matt Shakman, WandaVision's director.

wow that'd be a big get for @aabattery

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

 

My guess: Disney changed up the story to tie more to Loki/WandaVision, and Derrickson wasn't interested. If that's the case, a big potential director could be Matt Shakman, WandaVision's director.

When the film was announced Feige said Wanda would be a big part of it.  It was also when then series WandaVision was announced.  So, I'm not sure how Derrikson could be blindsided by the inclusion of the series or those characters.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sinister and The Exorcism of Emily Rose are pretty good movies though and the former is espescially cleverly written. I haven't seen Hellraiser Inferno but I enjoyed the first two so I don't see why Inferno would be fun too. The Day the Earth Stood still was bad though but I don't see how just that movie makes him a bad director.

I don't agree with you that those are good movies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

When the film was announced Feige said Wanda would be a big part of it.  It was also when then series WandaVision was announced.  So, I'm not sure how Derrikson could be blindsided by the inclusion of the series or those characters.

Except in that time WandaVision moved up several months, and since it sounds like the other Marvel shows also moved up significantly (Ms Marvel was going to film in September and now it's filming in April), so if the schedule moved up the amount of inclusion might have gotten larger, especially since Feige also said Loki is tied to it (which, assuming it now gets WandaVision's old spot, would now come out before Strange).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.